Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking i might try plasti dipping my rims. Im not crazy about black. So i thought white would be interesting but due to the color of the car i dont think it would look good. I also have a problem with bad brake dust build up on the front rims. White would make it even worse.

·
I eat brains... gimme brains!
658 Posts
It wont hurt to try the plastdip, but keeping the black on rims is a challenge to keep clean.. but I've never tried the glossy plastidip

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
I would definitely use the glossifyer if i were to do rims again.

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
I did glossifier on my rims, and they came out great

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
Ryd slow photo shop some white wheels for him brotha! If u clean them once a week with dawn it won't.be and issue. U can also apply svrt to the plastidip and it will act as a barrier between the brake dust. If u have any questions on it pm me

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ryd slow photo shop some white wheels for him brotha! If u clean them once a week with dawn it won't.be and issue. U can also apply svrt to the plastidip and it will act as a barrier between the brake dust. If u have any questions on it pm me
i was thinking about changeing my brake pads to ceramic. Assuming that they arent already, i havent had to change them yet.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
^^ All brake pads are ceramic

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Meant to do this!!! forgot about it til just now!

Here you go:

Not my particular cup of tea, but to each their own

Reactions: darkeyce02

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Meant to do this!!! forgot about it til just now!

Here you go:

Not my particular cup of tea, but to each their own
Thanks!!! Its better than I thought it would be. I might go through with it after I get some new brakes. Wait till I have a reason to pull off all my tires

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I did a rim in white, was really bad. The nozzle was crap and didn't spray well at all. But it was was hard to get it off cause I didn't use a lot of it, still got done to get off... I would definitely use some metalizer over the white if I was gonna do it properly, and glossifier. I thought it made the rim look smaller in person.

Attachments

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
They did a good job.

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
How cold was it? In cold temps, the dip comes out of the nozzle poorly, in sort of lumps. On a nice day, the dip will come out just like spray paint

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmm, I figured I got a bad one with my luck. It was light jacket temperature. Never thought about that. I didn't mind so much cause it was just a test, I would get DipYouCar's special nozzles when I actually do this plus the other cans.

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
I like the white on the single wheel you did, I say go for it looks awesome!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
x2 I think it will look good. :eek:k3:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I want to kinda livin up the look a little. Id love to do some flake in it to get a little sparkle. Very little so it keeps the white. I'll take it up properly to... But the plastic protection over the rims they use is flaking some like normal. I'd like to get the lead of the edge of the rim and get them to put the kind in the inside of the room.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts