Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2004 Chevy Impala that my dad owns has a slight problem with the map light. For whatever reason it will not turn on. I changed the bulbs with some I know are good but it still doesn't work. I looked in the owners manual but I couldn't see what fuse runs the lights.

The rear dome lights & floor lighting work and from what I could tell from the wiring diagram the rear dome lights are on the same fuse as the map light. Any info is appreciated. :smile:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had to have my rear view mirror replaced, as the lights were funky and the auto dim was not working right.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

Well, the light would work one minute & not the next. We touch the harness & it works again. When I was touching up the radio buttons with some flat black paint I noticed that when I pushed lightly on the harness the lights would come on but go out when I stopped pushing on it. I am thinking it could be a problem with the harness & since there is an Impala in a junkyard near me I am thinking of getting the mirror harness from it. The mirror is an onstar one & his car does not have onstar or I would get that as well.

He does not want me to cut the harness so it will not show. The question is, does anyone know if the harness have a connector under the headliner? If so I can just drop it a bit to swap harnesses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts