Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I'd like to say hi, I'm a regular on mustang forums but new here. Anyways I have a major problem, We recently bought my wife an 08 impala ss and I started noticeing that the back tires sit kinda butterfly'd. Well i yanked the tires to rotate them and the back tires were worn almost to the cords. I took it straight to the dealer and they are refussing to waranty it and are saying that it need custom cam bolts to get it alligned and they are trying to charge me, 50 for the bolts, custom labor and an alignment. over 300 bucks. I've noticed lot's of impala that sit butterfly'd out and they say ther is no known problem. Am I really the only one? I called chevy's waranty department to complain and it's not looking like ther gunna be much of a help. What's your guys take. A 1 year old car should not be this bad in my opinon

·
Registered
657 Posts
you are absolutely right, it shouldnt be. the sad part is, you are not alone, there are a few others that have had the same problem on 06+ models over on NAIOA.

·
Registered
123 Posts
8th Gen Suspension

First I'd like to say hi, I'm a regular on mustang forums but new here. Anyways I have a major problem, We recently bought my wife an 08 impala ss and I started noticeing that the back tires sit kinda butterfly'd. Well i yanked the tires to rotate them and the back tires were worn almost to the cords. I took it straight to the dealer and they are refussing to waranty it and are saying that it need custom cam bolts to get it alligned and they are trying to charge me, 50 for the bolts, custom labor and an alignment. over 300 bucks. I've noticed lot's of impala that sit butterfly'd out and they say ther is no known problem. Am I really the only one? I called chevy's waranty department to complain and it's not looking like ther gunna be much of a help. What's your guys take. A 1 year old car should not be this bad in my opinon
Check out this section 8th Gen Suspension post and you'll find Rear Suspension section post. I haven't had my 2007SS long but I will be checking for this problem and will get dealer to fix if it happens. Just don't take no for answer.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I bought mine in Jan of 07 and by Nov of 07 I blew a back tire on the freeway. Went to change it and noticed the other one was chewed to the wires too and they were sitting funny. Long story short Warrenty paid for everything except the gas in the rental! 2 new tires, fixed camber issue, re-aligned, rental car. Thats bull S* if they don't want to warranty parts and labor. Its a factory defect not like you dropped it or did anything to the suspension.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've noticed lot's of impala that sit butterfly'd out and they say ther is no known problem.

About as well of known problem as the remote entry system failing, the steering clunking, and the electrical fires and windshield fluid inop.

Ask GM and you're the first. Ask consumercomplaints or national highway traffic safety administration and you're one of thousands.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov You'll find youre not alone there, and even the tech bulletins regarding this factory defect from GM are listed on the website.

Print it up and take it in if they give you flak.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts