Impala Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering on which muffler to get...The Magnaflow or The Flowmaster 40/44 Series muffler. Any input?

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Be careful, many reports of a tinny crappy sound when car goes into 4 cylinder mode with some popular aftermarket exhausts....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Be careful, many reports of a tinny crappy sound when car goes into 4 cylinder mode with some popular aftermarket exhausts....
Thanks I will keep that in mind, I heard Magnaflow Mufflers from a rep at Pepboys says that its just a tad bit louder in idle but growls in acceleration. Flowmasters are just ignorant with the sound lol

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
Smokin06impalass i think is his user name he has a set of.corsas he got for a mustang off ebay and it sounds better than anything else imo. Or get some slp loudmouths ;)

·
Cucky
662 Posts
exactly. The corsas are top of the line. Altho expensive they are completely worth it. No drone when cruising and sound amazing when you get on it.

·
Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
Okay, so this just answered my main question of which i was going to get. But now I take it I'd be looking at just the mufflers for the rear? If so, any particular ones we should look at (part #'s if one can provide...)?

EDIT: This came right from the Corsa catalog... Good to see us 8th Gen and V8 guys get the shaft, but all you 7th gen guys can at least get them. Would the mufflers be useable from the 7th gen system on the 8th gen?

IMPALA & MONTE CARLO:
*2000-05 Impala (all models) - Note 4. Touring, Cat-back System w/ Dual Rear Exit; w/ Twin 3.5" Pro-Series Tips, p/n 14180 $1,539.99

*2000-05 Impala (all models) - Note 4. Touring, Cat-back System w/ Dual Rear Exit; w/ Single 4" Pro-Series Tips, p/n 14183 $1,539.99
*2000-05 Monte Carlo (all models) - Note 4. Touring, Cat-back System w/ Dual Rear Exit; w/ Single 4" Pro-Series Tips, p/n 14181 $1,469.99

Part #'s 14183 (Impala w/ single tips...) and 14181 (Monte Carlo) are no longer available. The only one that is available is 14180 (Impala w/ twin tips...)

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
This could be modded to fit an Impala :wink:

Reactions: 12ltz

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Wasn't there somebody on here with a 7th gen catback on their 8th gen? I'm 99% sure it will bolt up exactly the same.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Arm leg and another big toe, but they sound so sexy!

·
Registered
68 Posts
The Corsa sounds amazing...would do it to my 08 SS but mine is a work car with almost 150k miles on it now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I purchased some Flowmasters Super 44 series muffler for my 08 Impala SS and the sound is unlike no other. Its one of the best mods I have done to my car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts