Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to let you all know that there are some great deals on EBAY for these Magnaflow mufflers... The Magnaflow part number is 12225 (2.25 in and out, Center/Offset). $70 per muffler shipped. They are satin stainless 9not polished).

Will be getting these installed soon and will let you know what I think of them. I chose these because they allegedly give the Impala a nice bass tone with very low interior resonance, and are not overly loud or obnoxious.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just wanted to let you all know that there are some great deals on EBAY for these Magnaflow mufflers... The Magnaflow part number is 12225 (2.25 in and out, Center/Offset). $70 per muffler shipped. They are satin stainless 9not polished).

Will be getting these installed soon and will let you know what I think of them. I chose these because they allegedly give the Impala a nice bass tone with very low interior resonance, and are not overly loud or obnoxious.
Thats what I have the Satin Stainless and there are bad ass, with sound and power!!!!:biggrin:

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh really? I thought you had the whole Catback system on there?

Any way I can get a sound clip? I cant wait to hear these on my car. Combined with the CAI itll have a great sound im sure.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Oh really? I thought you had the whole Catback system on there?

Any way I can get a sound clip? I cant wait to hear these on my car. Combined with the CAI itll have a great sound im sure.
I do have the whole system 3" cat back, I just had it built by a speed shop here. If you buy the Mufflers I would guess it wouldn't be to costly to have them installed. I will get a sound clip posted for you in the next two hrs or so.:biggrin:

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I am just having the mufflers put in... Im not even upgrading the tips (thats what she said) so I figured it would be pretty cheap... I just dont want the place Im going to get pissy Im not buying their mufflers... They wanted to charge me 140 a piece for mufflers that I got for $63.50 a piece (direct from DotComparts.com).

www.mufflex-performance.com

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeah I am just having the mufflers put in... Im not even upgrading the tips (thats what she said) so I figured it would be pretty cheap... I just dont want the place Im going to get pissy Im not buying their mufflers... They wanted to charge me 140 a piece for mufflers that I got for $63.50 a piece (direct from DotComparts.com).

www.mufflex-performance.com
Look into replacing your Resonator also. Mine is made by MagnaFlow. Go shop around and find a speed shop they will install your Mufflers and just charge labor only.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same magnaflow too and love it, you can usually get a used one on ebay or cragislist. I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow 16708. Also some of the forum sponsors usually have a sale going on. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.

·
Registered
545 Posts
what do they sound like in 4 cylinder mode. I tryed some borla mufflers for a day.. it sounded like a freaking hapatachi helicoptor in 4cy mode :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Flomaster 40's

I put some flow 40's on my 07 SS impalla and they sound great as well. I might mention the fact that I cut the resonater out and used 3" straight pipe.
Its got that low v8 tone but its not obnxious. Also I got the flows for 40.00 apeice. I wanted to mention that either flowmaser or magnaflow is not a direct fit. Both muffelers are about 2" longer than the stock units. So it takes a little finesse to get them in there. I didnt relish the thought of cutting on my brand new mufflers but it had to be done. I cut a 1 1/2" off the inlet to the muffler and had to cut the y pipe back a little and fab a short piece of pipe to make them fit just like stock. So if the shop you take your car to says they need 1.5 hrs to do the job they are on the up and up. Hope the info helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Full cat back system

I have the Magnaflow full cat back system on our '06 LTZ. I love the sound. It's deep, quite noticable around town (but not obnoxious) and generally not noticable at all on the highway (certainly no drone). At full throttle it sounds a lot like a Porsche 911. One thing that amazes me is the pipe is HUGE! I'll try to get some pictures and post them in my garage once the current blizzard and cold snap (-2 F currently) is over.

·
Registered
113 Posts
06 Ss

I had 2 questions.
1) Where would be the best place to go to buy the magnaflow catbacks and get them installed at the same place?

2) how much horsepower does the magnaflow on the 5.3 add? I already have K&N and just wanna know the general horsepower after the exhaust upgrade.

Thanks all, I REALLY want that exhaust!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Not sure where the cheapest placed to get the catback would be, but I think autoanything.com could be a good bet, and of course eaby.

I cant say for sure what the HP increase is from the catback system but it is definitley worth it if you can get the setup for cheap enough. I found a used Magnaflow catback for $300. If you are looking for just a sound upgrade, the magnaflow mufflers manoogia mentioned sound VERY similar to the catback. I had them on before I put the catback on and the difference in the sound between the two wasnt much. The extra power is there though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts