Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part# 49195 for the OEM grade unit.

Anyone tried it? It'll be a minor performance upgrade but worthwhile with a 3500 with a catback or a 3900. I've recommended a few people try it but never heard any feedback.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Will! You're alive!

Is there a diameter difference? I don't recall the downpipes on the 8th gen to be an issue like the 7th gens were.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was it double walled though? That was always the issue with the 3800 downpipes, it looks big from the outside but the flexpiece was the choking point plus the pipe from the manifold to the cat was doubled walled for noise and heat insulation.

Not sure about diameters yet, need some more feedback! I know one person who may be ordering one soon, will wait to hear more.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I could see that being an issue, but I thought the biggest choke point on the 7th gens was the "u-bend" for the o2 sensor bung.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that was the most advertised but the flex was about 1.9" ID and closer to the engine. 04+ GPs didn't have a similar Ubend kink but were still choked by the other aspects of the factory downpipe.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Magnaflow has minimum advertised prices, always message the seller for a quote and anticipate paying about 75% of MAP with the right vendor.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Ah, like those TV ads in the paper that say "major name brand" because they aren't allowed to list the brand with that price... Makes sense.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts