Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put a Magnaflow Cat on a 04 impala ss? If so, give me some feed back please. I am interested in purchasing one....

·
Registered
657 Posts
i dont have an SS, but i have that cat on my 00 base model and i can tell you that it might not happen immediately, but you are going to see a check engine light.the only way to get rid of it is to have it deleted from the PCM with a tuner. it will be code PO420. i was beginning to think it was an urban legend until a year and a half later when mine showed up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont have an SS, but i have that cat on my 00 base model and i can tell you that it might not happen immediately, but you are going to see a check engine light.the only way to get rid of it is to have it deleted from the PCM with a tuner. it will be code PO420. i was beginning to think it was an urban legend until a year and a half later when mine showed up.

Do you notice any noise difference? If so, a lot, little? Anything performance wise?

·
Registered
657 Posts
hard to say, really. i also had a u-bend delete done along with the SLP Exhaust with no resonator.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was it the Magnaflow #23405 model causing the check engine light issue?

I have an 04 Imapla SS (Indy Edition). The mass air flow regulator went bad, and I had it replaced. Now my Cat is causing the check engine light to come on. I believe it burnt out due to the MAF issue. I see Magnaflow have two CATs for my vehicle (#23405 @ $483.03, and #46405 @ $1532.80). I just a deal on the #46405 for $399.95. Now I worry that I'll have the same check engine light issue. Does anyone have feedback regarding the differences between the two models?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts