Impala Forums banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts
Discussion starter · #42 ·
differences in 60ft time endup being much greater differences in ET
I agree with that, and frankly my car is running a lot stronger then it was previously (fixed up some leaks, issues, ect).

What I can do to solve this mystery is next time i go to the dragstrip (within the month) i'll bring the weatherstripping with me and i'll run two runs with the strip on and then two with it off, then compare the times. It is what I should have done the first time, i was just got ahead of myself. I was VERY happy having decreased my 1/8th mile time by that much, so i just automatically assumed. I'm sure it helped, but how much is something i'll have to find out later.

Something to consider about Foam;

WARNING - Foam Air Filters - WARNING

Another good read. This guy is talking about motorcycles, but has some good points;
Airbox Filters
After posting this, I took my intake tube apart and found all kinds of dust particles in resting in the Intake (plumbing portion, not the manifold). I think I may switch to a foam filter and see how it performs/cleans the air. I live in a much dustier area now and am blown away by how much is getting through while the car just sits.

Should I drill holes in front lower bumper / nose of my 1997 Camaro to get more cold air into the filter? How many holes and exactly where? I've seen the Sheriff Camaro 02 with similar intake. Thanks For Your Time.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.