Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ve been reccomended by some of u guys that supercharging my 96 ss on stock internals at 9 psi was a bad idea men do i wish i had listen my tech told me that my lt1 wouldnt have a problem handling it so i let him do his thing in a matter of less than an hr. or driving i blew the stock transmission a rebuilt transmission to hold the power an last i blew the engine.......... am getting an Ls2 motor an this time i want everything to b done the wright way My question is my tech is telling me that the Ls2 motor can hold the 9 psi without a problem without having to touch the internals does this sound wright...... an if not what should i have done to make sure the engine holds up:

·
Super Moderator
3,903 Posts
Why not build an LT1 and reuse much of the existing setup?

You go to a LS2 you are starting from scratch again.

I am not really up on the LS stuff but 9psi on a stock LS sounds a bit aggressive. They don't run much of a pistons in the LS motors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i know am starting from stratch an i hav to go through the waiting moment again to drive my car but but i got a good deal on the ls2 motor an i know they produce more power thats y am goin with it but i dont want to blow this engine

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a gto with the ls2 and spend alot of time on the gto forums. If I remember right they run about 7 or 8lbs of boost on stock motors, it would just require a tune. I personally am not too knowledgable on the turbo or a computer controlled fuel injected motor so I don't know for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts