Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchase a 2006 6.0L and tranny that came from a 2006 Silverado Super Sport. What is involved in order to install these 2 items to my 1963 Impala and How much ?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
For starters, a new fuel system, You need to be able to handle the high pressure & make-up a return line which the '63 doesn't have. The wiring harness from the truck, probably an oilpan. The computer from the truck. & at least $1000.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have the wiring harness and the computer from the truck. Would i have to fabricate motor mounts?

In order to use the tranny what will i need to do?

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Most likely you will need to have motor mounts and tranny mounts fabricated. You may need to have the drive shaft modified. New exhaust system will have to be made. Do you have all of the sensors that this engine's PCM needs, including the O2 sensors?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I have all the sensors. I am guessing I will have to "chip it"? Any suggestions?

My 1963 impala is a SS, which means it has a floor shifter. The SS silverado tranny is a column shift. Any suggestions? Kits?Info?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So i went to pick the engine up. It is actually a 6000 Vortec 6.0L with a 4l85-e tranny. I figured I would take it. I bought them both for 900.00. Any info on putting this on a 63 chevy would be great.

Thanks everyone for your help

·
Registered
170 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts