Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone lower their newer impala? What springs did you use? How many inches was the drop and was a camber kit installed?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Before I decided to air ride my impala I was looking into buying a set of lowering springs from neuspeed. I believe you can get up to a 2" drop out of them. That just wasn't low enough for me though:biggrin: As far as the camber kit, I wouldn't think you would need it. The camber in the rear even with the air ride doesn't wear the tires bad at all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I went with Eibach and it lowered it about 1.4"front 1.6"rear and they didnt make the ride real stiff, look in my garage and you can see a pic of it, and i did not have to install the camer kit

Jon
04 SS
65 SS convt 396

·
Registered
375 Posts
SS model springs will give you the smallest drop possible. Eibach also makes springs, as do a few other companies.

How much drop are you looking for?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have heard only good things about the eibach and kyb strut/shock combo with w-bodies. I plan on installing the eibach and kyb combo on my impala. From my monte carlo club, I found this was a very popular choice because they are good products.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
SSC and Eibach are the 2 most popular, SSC doesnt lower as much as the Eibach, and from what Ive read rides nicer ( when both equip't w/ AGXs) check each nfg's website, they say how much it drops the car

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am getting the KYB AGX struts for my 2005 impala. Do I need to get new strut mounts or will the stock mounts be suffice?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Also, i was at my local AutoZone, and i saw a kit for lowering this generation of impala for like 20$, i didnt get to look at it much because i was in a rush, but it looked pretty legit.

It said it will lower or raise the car up to 4 inches either direction. Im not sure if its reliable or a great deal, so dont hold me accountable lol

·
Registered
358 Posts
im goin too get vogtlands springs with KYB AGX's.. i read alot of good stuff about that setup!

·
Registered
117 Posts
im goin too get vogtlands springs with KYB AGX's.. i read alot of good stuff about that setup!
hey im looking into lowering my impala also, could you link me up to the setup your running, i am a noob to this suspension so i am somewhat daft to what i need.

Also, should a get lowering shocks, like the kyb agx's? or eibach springs with stock shocks?

im looking for about a 2 inch drop maybe more, ride comfortability doesnt matter to me i don't drive the car hard or on a track or anything

·
Registered
36 Posts
eibach pro kit drops 1.4 in the front and 1.7 in the rear.. it's a good ride and looks awesome with some bigger aftermarket rims on it

·
Registered
657 Posts
four lowering springs. the ride is a little harsh, according to some, so i ordered the SSC springs from ZZPerformance.com, but they failed to tell me they were out of stock. so i cancelled my order and just bought the Canuck Motorsports off ebay, which are the exact same thing as the SSC springs, just under a different brand name. same drop height and same part number. was right around $200 shipped.

·
Registered
657 Posts
got them installed about a week ago and finally got the new tires on and aligned. when you lower it, i recommend the anti-pogo washers. i have them installed and the ride quality is just fine. see my thread i just started for pics.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went with Eibach and it lowered it about 1.4"front 1.6"rear and they didnt make the ride real stiff, look in my garage and you can see a pic of it, and i did not have to install the camer kit

Jon
04 SS
65 SS convt 396
I was looking through your garage and I didn't see any pictures of the ride lowered, can you post some pictures in here?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can't I just chop my stock springs?

I have an 05 Impala SS and I want to lower the rear a little to level the car out. Will chopping an inch out of the stock springs ruin them? I did this on my Harley but I took out 3 inches and killed the ride. I looks good down in the weeds but its a back breaker now!. I don't want to kill the ride on the car cause it is pretty f'n smooth

1 - 20 of 41 Posts