Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm new to the Caprice Wagon crowd and was wondering a few things. How do you lower one of these things? Does someone make a cowl-type hood? How about the rear roll pan? Any web links I should be looking at? Just bought a 1993 wagon, dark blue with mags. Love it, but want to make it my own. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
292 Posts
Wagon Lowering

I have had 2 wagons. I would go with stock Impala SS springs and not lower the car to much. My 1995 wagon was lowered to far it sucked to drive. I did not like
the jumping from the car being to low and jumping when going over bumps and
railroad tracks. If I was going to lower a car I would go with a air-ride system.
So one could be low for shows and have a reasonable ride height for normal driving. My 95 wagon has Impala SS springs and I like the ride. I also have some Air Lift bags in the rear springs so when I load the rear it won't sag.

Good Luck with your ride! I recently sold my 1992 SS Wagon.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Here what my boy did to an SO CALLED freinds wagon, that wagons actually on Springs and bags in the rear

THey are Springs from a Sprint racecar, they are 10" tall as apposed to 15" stock He used rubber spacers under the spring, to raise to a drivable level

Ill tell you, and this is no Exageration. The Car rides GREATTTTTTTT

100mph car dove and rode over a bump as if it was lowered.

Reason being is new shocks, and non Collapsed springs,

Thats how im lowering my wagon

·
Registered
10 Posts
Big wagon..... air ride is cool!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Air is for balloons and hydraulics are for airplanes. I lowered mine, 70,000 miles ago, with V6 Blazer springs up front, Crown Vic (OH MY) air-ride replacement springs out back and the correct length Bell Tech shocks all around. This thing rides like a dream and drops the car right about 3". The 17's look right w/255-50's all around. I'll have to dig for the Bell Tech part # but trust me, it's fantastic. Just this past week....Tues to be exact....I hit something on NB I475 that bent the lower control arm on the driver's side. After 70,000 miles of on-the-ground dailey driving, I'm not complaining. I'm gonna swap the springs and shocks when I repair the arm this weekend. Why? Got another wagon lined up!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Killeracer

what wheel and tirer package are you running........ would love to ride low without rubbing the front tires on a turn...... i have 22in rims now

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
the white wagon is sick i love air ride anything!!!!! but i have a sweet spot for bagged /lowered b bodys and mini trucks!!!!!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I'm new to the Caprice Wagon crowd and was wondering a few things. How do you lower one of these things? Does someone make a cowl-type hood? How about the rear roll pan? Any web links I should be looking at? Just bought a 1993 wagon, dark blue with mags. Love it, but want to make it my own. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bill
idk about roll pan ( im sure they do make 1 ) but a aftermarket sugg for tailights would be like the 89 thru 93? caddilac tail lgihts since there vertical they will fit but u have to do some welding/ fabbing but they look good ive seen them on many minitrucks and maybe a couple wagons

·
Registered
239 Posts
24in rims

looking to put 20 on the front and 24in rims on the back of my wagon.......going to tub and lower it so all you see is a fat lip...

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
looking to put 20 on the front and 24in rims on the back of my wagon.......going to tub and lower it so all you see is a fat lip...
by your avatar pic i see you got all the wagon parts u need lmao id love to see it give us a pic of the rims u want

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Alright Im Alread Jealous I Got The Imps But I Want 22's So Bad Next Year I Really Want 24's Then Id Be Happy, Yeah Then Id Find And Excuse To Go W/ 6's Idk Yet

1 - 14 of 14 Posts