Impala Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
2012LTZ Oem everything suspension wise, except the (SSC) Canuk Motorsports drop springs

I hope these photos helps. The photo with the letters & numbers taped to the side, the whole car is empty.
first I start off with a photo that shows what resides in my trunk ((sadly)not clearly visible 2 12"s)
Do you know if these will work with a 2013 LTZ? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anybody know the pros and cons of just lowering the front without lowering the back? Also looking for springs for 2013 LTZ if anyone can help please. Thanks

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
A '12 & '13 is identical. There should be no problems, 2 or 4 springs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you know the exact model number for the springs you ordered? I looked on the canuck website but only see springs for up to 2011. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
From my research, anything listed for a later W-Body will fit the '12-'14 Limited models. And most research still points to the Grand Prix '97-'03 springs as the right ride height and spring rate for any of the later model W-Bodies.

I have checked with Will (Overkill) who was integral in getting those springs developed and he has confirmed that as well.

On the Canuk Motorsports website that is the following: 2452.41100 - $167.95

Other options:

- ZZP: Spring/Strut Combo: completely assembled spring/strut combo ready to install with the SSC/Canuck '97-'03 Springs and your choice of KYB struts: $849.99 Drop in Strut/Lowering Spring Combo - Suspension & Brakes

If you are looking at springs only, the Canuck price seems to be the best out there. I like the idea of a complete plug-n-play setup with new hardware then I can just unbolt a few nuts, remove old setup, and reverse to install the new stuff. I am kind of lazy like that, but then have upgraded struts to go with the new springs.

And of course, if you lower, don't forget your new, lower dog bones to go with. ZZP and W-Body store both carry them for like $25. Seems to be good, safe investment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am just looking to lower the front end about 1.7 inches. So can I purchase any lowering springs that are for the 97-03 grand prix or are the canucks the only perfect fit? I appreciate all of the help. Thanks

·
Registered
319 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
For the 2012 and 2013 owners out there, I wonder if we could use these as a cheap way to lower the front end a little:

Amazon.com: Superior 18-1201 Spring-Lox,2-Way Adjustable Spring Spacer: Automotive

In my case, I really don't want my car to look "lowered", but I would like to get rid of some of the gap in the front end... I already have rubber coil-spring spring boosters in the rear, which at least fixed the "sagging" look, but if I could lower the front end about 1", then the stance would look perfect...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
52 Posts
For the 2012 and 2013 owners out there, I wonder if we could use these as a cheap way to lower the front end a little:

Amazon.com: Superior 18-1201 Spring-Lox,2-Way Adjustable Spring Spacer: Automotive
Haha where did you even find those lol I feel like it would put too much tension on the part of the coil you're compressing and would eventually break or have a bottom out affect lol....

Seriously though sorry to re-spark this thread but what's the conclusion? Should I get the Grand Prix springs I feel like the rear is fine but I'm not against it coming down slightly if the front comes down more.... 1.7 SEEMS like a lot I don't want to be "slammed" but also not continue to look like im taking off for flight )...I have a '14 limited.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Believe it or not, every Advance Auto/Autozone type parts store carries these. I actually bought a set on whim while at Autozone, once, but never used them (still have them though!).

Instead, I've went a different route and used some "donut" style coil spring boosters to raise the rear end on my 2012 (instead of lowering the front end). The makes it so the front and rear wheel gap is the same. I'm really not into "lowered" cars. I actually like smaller wheels and a decent-sized wheel gap! I just can't stand it when the rear of the car is lower than the front.

I ended up putting 2 donut coil spring spacers in each of my rear coil springs and believe it or not, it actually worked perfectly. Now my car sits like I want it and they actually improved the ride - less lean going around bends and less "squat" when taking off from a stop. Been like that for quite some time now and no issues. Actually, a few other members ended up doing it as well to get rid of the "sag" in the rear end - and everyone seemed pleased with the results.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

21 - 32 of 32 Posts