Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about three weeks ago, my low tire pressure light came on. I immediately went to a gas station and filled all of my tires back up to anywhere between 40 and 35. My tires say they should be at 35. I've checked the pressure every day since then and none of them have went down, but my light is still on. What do I do?????:mad:

·
Registered
94 Posts
tpms

you should set your tire pressure at 35 cold, running too much pressure can be just as detrimental as too low. The light is possibly still on because the pressure is too high (yes, some tpms systems will do that). Read your owner's manual and see if it tells how to reset the tpms manually. If not, message back. What make model and year, not sales year but production year (the year on the door tag)?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
who knew reading the manual could benefit you? haha.. I tried the stereo thing and it worked fine.. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
you should set your tire pressure at 35 cold, running too much pressure can be just as detrimental as too low. The light is possibly still on because the pressure is too high (yes, some tpms systems will do that). Read your owner's manual and see if it tells how to reset the tpms manually. If not, message back. What make model and year, not sales year but production year (the year on the door tag)?
I have a 2011 Chevy impala and I just got my new tires 3 weeks ago and everything was fine, then a week later my tpms said I need air in right passenger side, I put air in all the tires and it still was reading low tire pressure. I put air in all the tires and now the TPMS system states I need air again in the front and driver and passenger side. Please help.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a 2011 Chevy impala and I just got my new tires 3 weeks ago and everything was fine, then a week later my tpms said I need air in right passenger side, I put air in all the tires and it still was reading low tire pressure. I put air in all the tires and now the TPMS system states I need air again in the front and driver and passenger side. Please help.
Reset the TPMS, or you have bad tire sensors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts