Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man its awesome so we got snow yesterday in montana and at first it wasnt cold enough to stick on the roads sonthe roads are like hell its insanely icey but god i was going down the street about 40 weaving through the people who go like 20 lol the impala traction control are amazing

·
Registered
657 Posts
i wouldnt rely on it too much. thats when bad things happen. weaving in and out of traffic in icy conditions is asking for it unless you are driving a zamboni.:wink:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can keep a car in control tho my parents made me take the same driving courses that the bus drivers take and people that drive ambulance and that police take cost about 175 a person me and a friend did it and it was pretty sweet im not saying i could keep it under control no matter what but it still helped alot

·
Registered
184 Posts
People with attitudes like yours are a hazard to our society.

Traction control does nothing but cut the power to the drive wheels when they spin.

It won't help you turn or more importantly stop.

Slow down.

·
Registered
375 Posts
People with attitudes like yours are a hazard to our society.

Traction control does nothing but cut the power to the drive wheels when they spin.

It won't help you turn or more importantly stop.

Slow down.
Thank you.

Driver training does not make your car handle better... it helps you more effectively maintain control of your vehicle, in the case you are driving in adverse conditions or are faced with a situation that requires emergency manouvering.

Someone with additional training like yourself should be acutely aware of that.

·
Registered
184 Posts
When I drive my FWD Honda, I always turn traction control off. No matter what the conditions. I hate it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Traction Control

Me too. I bought a 2000 impala over the weekend to replace my 86 cavalier. The trac control kick on and bogs me down when im trying to escape an intersection in snow (im in Nebraska) and to me seems to be a safety hazard.

I can't turn it off, either, since the dash button is either non-working or disabled but is not part of my service contract...I push it and there is no chime or light. It just doesn't acknowledge at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts