Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what could cause this? my rear tires are all chopped up and i plan on replacing these in a week or two, could this cause the vibration at high speeds or has it got something to do with the front end?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Bad tires are definitely going to contribute to vibration.

·
Registered
20 Posts
yes bad tires are one thing you need to check also the balancing weights on the rims you could of thown one off. Another thing to check is the tie rods or ball joints they will cause bad vibrations as well

·
Registered
184 Posts
It's the tires.

Almost always a vibration at speed on a stock car is tire/wheel related.

And if your saying you already know that the tires are shredded up, then I can almost guarantee that those are your problem.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but its the back 2 tires, would this still cause vibration? guess i'll see next weekend when i get new tires

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when i took the car to get aligned the rear wheels were slightly bend inwards and the dude said that caused the inside of the back tires to get 'chopped up', if you look at the tire, one bit of the tire is good and right next to it is warn down and it keeps going like that round the inside and it makes a loud noise while driving but when it vibrates im not sure if its coming from the front tires or the back

·
Registered
184 Posts
It doesn't matter where the tires are.

An unbalanced or destroyed tire will cause a vibration.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One of my front tires needed one more air in it and now there's just a little bit of vibration but it feels like it's coming from the back

·
Registered
375 Posts
Tire vibration from the front will usually be felt in the steering wheel. Tire vibration from the back will usually be felt through your seat.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It was the rear tires, got two new tires and now it feels like i'm floating over the road, very smooth and no vibration at 80mph :)

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
yup damaged and not balanced tires cause that :biggrin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts