Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'06 5.3L (E40 ECM of course).

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

Scan tool reads 0psi on the high pressure sensor. Manifold gauge hanging there reads about 45psi. Changed the sensor with a spare, no change. Has +5 and ground at the connector. Confirmed continuity from the sensor connector, right back to pin 26 on the ECM. Saw lots of mouse nests and piss near/under/around the ECM, so pulled it and took it apart (FYI - don't do this!) to make sure nothing got inside. Still has a good connection right to the PCB.

I'm down to.... replace the ECM!! :O

I've ordered another - see how it works I guess.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 06 3.9 had intermittent AC not working aways back.

Turns out it was the ambient air sensor at the hood latch. My wife just happened to notice the outside air temp display on the dash was 22 degrees when it was actually 90 some degrees out. Replaced the sensor for five bucks and all is well.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Are you sure sure sure the wires and terminals from and to the ECM are not damaged by the mouse urine?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forgot to follow up on this....

New ECM, finally got my PC to talk to one of my interfaces that would talk to the car through TIS2000 (that was a 2 week battle unto itself). Reflashed new/used ECM.

Still didn't work. Rechecked sensor, rechecked all wiring.
Pulled schrader valve to make sure it wasn't clogged. Recharged AC.
Hooked Tech2 up (had been using a few of my other diag tools before). Seems that IT KNOWS of a DTC that the other ones didn't!
Cleared code - AC works.
And of course, all the days I was without it, it was in the high 20's (C). Now it works, we're supposed to have a high of.... 12.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Not with the impala, but have had issues with the pcm(powertrain control module) on our 08 durango that has caused all kinds of issues, including the ac not working and the dash/gauges acting crazy. Computer glitches can cause all kinds of intermittent problems and throw codes that have you tracking down a problem that is not the true issue. We had been having an mds(active fuel management) issue with our durango as well that I am almost certain is related to faulty pcm. Moisture seems to bring on strange erratic behavior from the pcm with our situation.

As to the mice damage, have had plenty of issues with damage from those rotten things. Recently had a 2 wire connector to a relay for our honda 4 wheeler that was chewed and shorted. Spent too much time tracing down that problem. I hate mice.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I add peppermint oil to the soap injector for rinsing things in the engine bay down. The rodents seem to find other places to be.

El Gato helps as well...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts