Impala Forums banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Still waiting on a reply from ZZP. I am sure they are only open mon-fri so, if I don't hear from them by tues I will give them a call.

Ejbiers: I already know your opinion about zzp downpipe's :eek:k3: Quite frankly that's all it is. I will see for myself :yikes:

I wasn't happy with the quality of the hv3 so, my mind will be made up with the downpipe. If it's crap, trust me it will be my last zzp product.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
How comes progress on the rest of the build?

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 · (Edited)
How comes progress on the rest of the build?
Still waiting on some parts and tools.

Waiting for plug wires, LIM gasket, cover gaskets, serp belt, torque wrench, and sockets.

Got the cabin filter replaced yesterday though :giggle: Started work on the rear shocks and after 2hrs gave up. I thought it was going to be easy as I had replaced the struts 8month ago or so. But, nope :bang: Bringing it to the shop to have them install the shocks and fix my power steering leak (likely just hoses). I must either take a few days off of work for the "engine work" or wait until my shut down at work (july). I might just wait until then.

Uploading pics of the cabin filter. It was horrible. Trust me you'll see soon

I doubt this filter had ever been changed

What was on top (take note that this car was sitting in the barn every winter for 4yrs +)

Back side

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Just got the rest of my rockauto order. Also got my gearwrench torque wrench and wow! I was also surprised by the quality of the bosch plug wires. Now just waiting on my gearwrench 1/4" sockets, socket adapters, snap ring pliers set, and heat shield wrap from amazon.

Does anyone know what all these gaskets are for? I know there is a t-stat gasket and both sets of fuel inj o-rings but, the rest of them?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Looks like lower intake gaskets to me.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
^^ Yes they are. What I don't know is what the other small gaskets included are for. Will post a pic of the ones in a few. Just got home and have to eat

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
The gaskets I am not sure about. I know this LIM kit is designed for all year 3.8's therefor some of these may be extra parts for other cars

I am pretty sure the dark blue ones are for mine and the light blue are for older models. Is this correct? The dark blue have locating pins

Not sure what these o-rings are for. Maybe the older models that don't have coolant elbows? What about the paper gasket? Maybe an older model T-stat gasket? What about the little blue plug? No instructions whatsoever given with the LIM gasket so, idk.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Reactions: bboysoba

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
The first pic is too dark for me to tell, the second... I have no idea, maybe waterpump bypass line seals? The paper one is probably just a different t-stat design I guess.

Filling the system, that should work, but you might try filling from the heater lines to speed things up.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
The first pic is too dark for me to tell, the second... I have no idea, maybe waterpump bypass line seals? The paper one is probably just a different t-stat design I guess.

Filling the system, that should work, but you might try filling from the heater lines to speed things up.
Sounds like you know just as much as me :giggle: J/k But, my guess is these other gaskets are for older models and different coolant designs.

Thanks again KING :eek:k3:

Edit: First pic is just two sets of side rail seals for the LIM of course. The ones I must use have the locating pins, correct?

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Sounds like you know just as much as me

Impossible, he actually knows something :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :Jka::Jka::Jka::Jka::Jka::Jka::Jka::Jka::Jka:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Just match whatever is closest to the ones you take out.

Reactions: g25racer

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
So, about this rebuild lol?

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Pff I know been putting it off and will likely for another couple months yet. Getting hired in so, will have vacation I can use. Plus I am still trying to get caught up on bills, buy oil and coolant. Plus I'd like to get the downpipe done at the same time. Take 3-4days of vacation and do it all at my buddies house.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
You can't forget the beer :beer: :eek:k3:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
You can't forget the beer :beer: :eek:k3:
I have that all the time. What you talking about :hope: That may be why I'm still saving up :giggle:Oh well. The oil leak isn't getting any worse and I am taking it easy on her so, nothing really is at risk driving it like it is. Unless of course I start loosing coolant.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Update: Will be ordering a 2.5" catless T304SS downpipe, gasket, and 02 emulator this week friday. Ordering from Wbodystore this time around. Thank goodness for my raise and some overtime I got last week. That is whats paying for it.

Plan on waiting until next months shutdown at work in order to take care of the top end. Then, hopefully a few weeks after that I will be replacing the Rear hubs, caliper guide pins and bushings, and trunk lift supports (both recently failed).

Somewhere in between there I need to replace the trans fluid and filter as well.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Hells yeah broski

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
7 months later and its still not done. lmao

But this time I'm for real it's getting done in a few months with this years income tax. lol

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Oh the humanity..... :lol:

101 - 120 of 120 Posts