Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to get an 9C1 but i dont like the fact that i can only find them on ebay. does anyone from the NY area know any places i can actually look at the 9C1 prior to purchase? or even any 9C1 owners have any suggestions of where to begin looking for them?
thx alot
-jm3

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
ive never been any good at finding local police auctions myself( SMALL CITY ) but try new york craigslsit im sure someone is selling a 9c1 ( hopefully rwd b body :biggrin:) car that u want soomewhere near to you .... you can find almost anything on craigslist!!!!!!

http://newyork.craigslist.org/

http://newyork.craigslist.org/ :biggrin::eek::smile:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks i'll take a look at craigslist...but if i can't get the 9C1 id have no problem with the SS or any impala for that matter. i just want one!!!!!!!
-jm3

·
Registered
375 Posts
Autotrader.ca

A city near Toronto Ontario is where the 00-current Impalas are all sold, and there are usually a fair number of Police models available from Ontario Police auctions. Should be able to pick one up between $3500-6000.

City is Oshawa Ontario.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Autotrader.ca

A city near Toronto Ontario is where the 00-current Impalas are all sold, and there are usually a fair number of Police models available from Ontario Police auctions. Should be able to pick one up between $3500-6000.

City is Oshawa Ontario.
thanks man i'll give it a look
-jm3

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
stuff to think about differences between a 9c1 and an impala
1. govenor is set higher
2 higher rpm and shift points
3 bigger brakes
4 heavy duty oil and trans line coolers ( sometimes extra fan for towing package )
5 heavier duty shocks / not sure abouut springs
6 i also think the sway bars are different but i might be wrong ...

and theres tons of others these are just main differences in tha b bodys not wimpala but some will be the same !!!!!:biggrin:

·
Banned
117 Posts
^ eat shit....

The 9C1 Impala will most likely have black steel rims with center caps and maybe a spotlight or two_Oh and a blue interior with a black rubber floor.

As far as a Police package on a 9C1 Impala goes.They pretty much got everything any other Police car would get.

Also the '00-'05 9C1 Impala was designed right from the get go with Law Inforcement in mind,not the GP (general public).Thats the first time in US history that a car was designed for Police and not the GP.Don't believe me? Look it up..........

Anything else??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
danny boy is that your 9C1? if so how many miles do you have on it and how's it running for you?
i found a few on ebay that im looking at but they have high milage and they havent answerd my emails in regards to how well maintained it is...thanks for your help man
-jm3

·
Banned
117 Posts
Most Police vehicles while in service are normaly quite well maintained.

When looking to get an ex-police vehicle try to avoid 'city' patrol units.As they are normaly rode hard and put away wet.

The best to look for would be State and small town Police cars.County Sheriff cars are ok too,it just depends i guess.

Oh and yes that is my '04 9C1.It currently has 105K on it and runs and drives great.It has a stupid stiff suspension,torquey motor,and the 3.29 gears really help get the car going in a quick fashion.

In all honesty though,my last car (2003 P71 Crown Vic) was a much better all around car.I just wanted to try something different for a change.I mean i have owned 7 Caprices and 5 Crown Vics.Needed a change of pace.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts