Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone got some suggestions or pointers? im putting a k&n air intake on it this week. what have the rest of you done that isnt too exspensive?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any info on how to do the throttle body coolant bypass or website links for te parts or how to guides? whats the difference between A cold air intake and the k&n intake i want to buy price wise? thankx for the help

I am not sure that my definition
and your definition of "too expensive" is... :wink:

A cold air intake, and a cat-back exhaust are always a great place to start when looking for more power.

Also, a performance tune can give you a few more ponies as well.

Trifecta is a vendor here, and they can hook you up with a good tune to meet your needs.

Stay away from Hypertech controllers...

A good tune from a place like Trifecta or Bryan Herter are MUCH
better than what a hand held device like Hypertech.

There are other things you can do that don't cost a lot.

The throttle body coolant bypass is another popular mod.
It works by bypassing the coolant tubes in the throttle body,
thereby giving the intake cooler air.

Also, a lot of guys like to run a 160 degree thermostat
and have the car tuned for that as well.

These things would be a good start.

Like anything, you will find varying opinions of what
is the best "bang for the buck" and what the best
mods are...

Take some time and do some reading about our cars
and if you have any questions for what to do next,
we are here to help! :smile:

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
Cold air intake just means an intake sheilded from the hot underhood air a bit. I believe the K&N kit fits that description. Only problem I see with it is you are paying a small fortune for the CARB approval, the same result can be had a LOT cheaper. If you have to pass visual inspection though it is easier with that than with a cheaper alternative.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Impala SS Mods

Cold Air kits are many, have a look at the one made by S&B I have one on my 95 SS Wagon. I got it on sale from Focuztech. Check with Mike, He also has exhaust, Headers and other parts for your Impala SS.. You may want to change rear end gears to a 3:42 or 3:73 and add a HD Posi like a Eaton.

Before you go buy a exhaust system ask your other b-body or Impala
friends and go for a ride so you can here the system in side as well as outside the car.

It all comes down to how fast you want to go how much cash do you want to spend...

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
as for exhaust a simple $60 muffler delte will give u alittle more horses and a lot more sound!!!!:biggrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts