Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a minor amount of black overspray on one of my 07 Impala SS rims. I believe that these rims are clearcoated (bastards) making it very difficult for me to remove the overspray. Does anyone have any tricks up their sleeve that could help me remove the overspray without damaging the clearcoat? All ive tried so far is a hand applied-fine grit polishing compound, which did not work very well.

Any and all suggestions welcome and appreciated :wink:

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will give it a try... any brand suggestions? I am partial to Meguiars products but am willing to diversify.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
It will work. I have used them to remove over spray from aircraft windows as well. Does a great job even on Plexiglas.

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To be on the safe side I will give the clay bar a try this weekend... I dont know if I trust myself enough with the acetone. I will let you all know how I make out. Thanks for the tips.

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update

Just as an FYI... the claybar worked a little, but not enough for my liking. i hit it with a little bit of lacquer thinner and it looks much better now... no damage to the clear coat (yet).

Thanks for the advice on this one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts