Impala Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sound system in my 07 SS BLOOOWS. It does not have Bose, and I was looking for the best ideas to make it bump. I dont want to mess with the electrical, so amp/subs are out. Does anyone know where I can get the Bose Speakers for this car at a reasonable price? Or any other suggestions in terms of aftermarket speakers? Id like to get out of this for under $300 if possible... I just need a little more bass!

·
Registered
657 Posts
i could be wrong, but i think the bost package comes with an amp. and whether that is wrong or right, upgrading speakers is not going to give you the sound you are looking for. you either have to add an amp with the new speakers, or change out the HU with something better, or both. i replaced the factory speakers in my 2000 and noticed very little difference. once i upgraded the HU to a Pioneer Avic F900bt, the in-cabin sound level was fantastic. speakers were louder and clearer, just from the HU. the only thing my amp is driving is the sub.

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i could be wrong, but i think the bost package comes with an amp. and whether that is wrong or right, upgrading speakers is not going to give you the sound you are looking for. you either have to add an amp with the new speakers, or change out the HU with something better, or both. i replaced the factory speakers in my 2000 and noticed very little difference. once i upgraded the HU to a Pioneer Avic F900bt, the in-cabin sound level was fantastic. speakers were louder and clearer, just from the HU. the only thing my amp is driving is the sub.
Did you do the upgrade yourself or did you bring it somewhere? Ive just had bad experiences in the past with such upgrades on older vehicles and do not want to get any unexpected results.

·
Registered
657 Posts
i do everything myself. its not a hard task at all, just make sure you get the correct chime harness and everything to install the aftermarket deck. GM used the databus in the new w-bodies to tell the radio when to turn off and on, so there is no remote wire in the harness. i used the GM-11 Harness and i have full chimes and everything works as it should. it only cost me like $30 from ebay, IIRC. the deck ended up running about $579 shipped from ebay brand new, which is a great price since pioneer wants them sold for $1100. of course, you dont have to get one that is so expensive. just any good quality aftermarket deck will do, as far as giving you better sound. i prefer the double din models over the single din with the cubby hole, but thats nothing for functionality, its more for personal preference than anything.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think the HU is most of the problem, the one in my '05 was just awful. Had to turn down the bass and treble just to be able to understand talk shows, there was no midrange at all, if you turned it up loud enough to be able to hear what people were saying the bass was boomin'.

Unfortunately, the interface for the "personalization" settings, oil life reset, etc. is through the HU so I'm not sure how to do that. Was a company car so I didn't want to mess with it.

·
Registered
657 Posts
the settings can be reset without the HU, and you can also get a relocation harness to put the HU somewhere else, such as under the seat or in the trunk.

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I would rather not mess with the head unit just to keep things as stock as possible. What if I set up an amp and subs in the trunk and got a converter for the RCA cables? My guess is that the stock head unit does not have RCA inputs, but I know there is a converter that runs from the speaker wires that can provide RCA inputs. If I did this, along with throwing in after market speakers, would I see an alarming reduction in battery power, enough to cause a noticeable difference? (headlights dimming, etc).

·
Registered
657 Posts
yeah you can run line out converters tapped into the rear speakers. i had that set up for a short time and the thing i didnt like about it was that the bass was too overpowering at low levels. with the volume turned down, the bass was still pretty thunderous, and i dont have a monstrous system. and if you are putting in amp and subs, really the only true way to eliminate the dimming is to get a High Output Alternator. You could get a capacitor, but that is just a bandaid for the problem. i just bought a 160AMP HO Alt for about $160 on ebay from DBElectrical. i still have not installed it, just been too wet and chilly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
jl audio is your answer

The sound system in my 07 SS BLOOOWS. It does not have Bose, and I was looking for the best ideas to make it bump. I dont want to mess with the electrical, so amp/subs are out. Does anyone know where I can get the Bose Speakers for this car at a reasonable price? Or any other suggestions in terms of aftermarket speakers? Id like to get out of this for under $300 if possible... I just need a little more bass!

Jl audio came out with an aux where u can still use your stock head unit and add 2 amps to run your system.its called a clean sweep (check it out on jlaudio.com) I paid 340 for my with install @ a local mom and pop shop.and if u want just a lil more bass go with kicker co axel 6.5 and 3 way 6x9 just as replacement speakers(a lil more mid bass and a lot cleaner sound)..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts