Impala Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Maybe we should consider purging the LOOKING FOR REPLIES section.

I move to have Admin PURGE the Looking for Replies section.

If there's a Post 3 Months Old that has not garnered a single response: DELETE IT.
After 3 months of looking for a reply, ... it's evident nobody gives a rats ass about the persons (member's) issue.
Surely, 3 months is being generous.
Cripes, ... most people I know wouldn't want to wait 10-Days for advice on what to do with about some problem they're having this week.
Offering someone, ... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is down-right embarrassing.
Leaving the evidence that there not one person willing to offer some form of guidance without acknowledging their existence for months, ... on-end ... is bad example, bad business, rude, crude and reprehensible.

Who's with me here?
We have to show people were better than this!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
How about 10 days, ... then?
If somebody posts something to the forum, ... and gets NO replies after 10 business days ... that post gets deleted.

Replies belittling any new member for incorrect spelling and grammar will extend the deadline one week.

Belittling a brand new member's first post ... (1st Post) ... will not be allowed unless you are an Official Asshole.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Belittling a brand new member's first post ... (1st Post) ... will not be allowed unless you are an Official Asshole.
Just to be clear, belittling a long standing member is still totally acceptable, right :)

On the actual point of the question, I was not even aware there was a "Looking for Replies" section. If I see an interesting question I do not have a good answer for, I do sometimes put down a generic comment to keep the post up to date and help improve visibility of the original question via the forum algorithms.
If there is a lot of clutter in such a replies section, then I concur on deleting, archiving, or otherwise organizing to make newer posts a priority and easier to find.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sure you want to pee on a snowman? Not everyone here waits hand over foot by the keyboard, patience is looking for a good corner to water.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Valued member:
Your comment is very important to us.
Or not.
Someone will be along in the coming months to help.
If not; we're sorry in advance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts