Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everyone i know has flowmasters, I just went to there site and I'm not really sure what to look for i just got my dcm95 and its so quiet. kind like super 40 and 50 delta but there just sound bits how can you tell. and whats the plus to a "X or H" pipe?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
:eek:
everyone i know has flowmasters, I just went to there site and I'm not really sure what to look for i just got my dcm95 and its so quiet. kind like super 40 and 50 delta but there just sound bits how can you tell. and whats the plus to a "X or H" pipe?
ok so a good frist exhaust start is just go get ur mufflers removed , my 9c1 was way to quiet when i first got it took it to the muff shop within the hour my car sounds like a damn supercharged 454 or somehting its so loud!!!!!!

and it only cost me $35 bux to get it dont ( 5 dollar tip ) and plus whether or not u do get custom exhaust u will remove your mufflers anyways ....:eek::biggrin::eek:

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have yet to figure out why everyone goes with the Flowmaster, personaly I think they sound like crap have you checked out any other options such as Spintech, Dynomax, Billy Boat just to name a couple.
For deeper exhaust tone, sound -- H Pipe
For performance -- X Pipe

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I have yet to figure out why everyone goes with the Flowmaster, personaly I think they sound like crap have you checked out any other options such as Spintech, Dynomax, Billy Boat just to name a couple.
ive heard good things about spinteck and dynomax

·
Super Moderator
3,943 Posts
See if there is a club in your area and try and listen to some cars. Best research you can do.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
See if there is a club in your area and try and listen to some cars. Best research you can do.
+1 on his answer im limited in my town im like the only caprice here so im the mother fukin trend setter!!!!!! but for real my car is as loud as any 350 truck rollin in this redneck town!!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info about the X-H pipe i think im going to go with the pypes x pipe but ya i dont no of any b-body clubs around me but i havn't been able to get out there and look hard

·
Registered
574 Posts
thanks for the info about the X-H pipe i think im going to go with the pypes x pipe but ya i dont no of any b-body clubs around me but i havn't been able to get out there and look hard
Where are you located?

What Dwayne said is the perfect advice. The thing with exhaust is it is a personal choice. What one thinks is good another does not. If at all possible, listen to others rides first and make a decision based on what you hear and what you like. Also depends on your budget if you want an entire exhaust system (H or X pipe) or just start out with mufflers. My son's 95 Imp had a stock exhaust and he didn't have much money to spend, so he went with Flowmaster 40s. He likes it for now, but will soon be adding headers and a compete system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where are you located?

What Dwayne said is the perfect advice. The thing with exhaust is it is a personal choice. What one thinks is good another does not. If at all possible, listen to others rides first and make a decision based on what you hear and what you like. Also depends on your budget if you want an entire exhaust system (H or X pipe) or just start out with mufflers. My son's 95 Imp had a stock exhaust and he didn't have much money to spend, so he went with Flowmaster 40s. He likes it for now, but will soon be adding headers and a compete system.
I'm in nashville, true I do have a budget !!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
^^^ LMAO, that was pretty wack of him to say that.as loud as a supercharged 454,lmao!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts