Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2015 Impala LTZ. I’m in search of new tires and was hoping for some help in deciding. I’ve had the Goodyear RS-A2’s and the eagle touring. I’m looking for a good high performance all season tire. I drive very aggressively, and would like a tire that can handle my driving style. High speed, lots of traction. I’m not opposed to getting away from Goodyear. It’s just just what came with the car, and what I bought after. I haven’t had any issues with them, just wasn’t sure what better options are out there to suit my driving style.

·
Registered
364 Posts

I've been very pleased so far with the set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires that I picked up last December. Handling is excellent for an all-season tire, not as good as the Pilot Super Sports that I have on my weekend toy, but much better than I expected from a set of all-seasons.

I've read that the A/S 3+ is just fair in snow (hence the 3+ designation), but they're awesome on dry or wet roads.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Not sure about the newer models, but the goodyear tires that came on our 12 new were pure junk. They broke free way too easy. I would never buy another set of goodyear tires again. The uniroyal touring tires we replaced them with got way better traction with both wet and dry surfaces. If I were looking for a performance tire, I would probably look at michelin and pirelli. Be sure to check sams club if you are a member, they have been offering some great deals on sets of 4 tires on several brands and even more money off when you have the tires installed with their tire package.

Reactions: sheila

·
Banned
78 Posts
Not sure about the newer models, but the goodyear tires that came on our 12 new were pure junk. They broke free way too easy. I would never buy another set of goodyear tires again. The uniroyal touring tires we replaced them with got way better traction with both wet and dry surfaces. If I were looking for a performance tire, I would probably look at michelin and pirelli. Be sure to check sams club if you are a member, they have been offering some great deals on sets of 4 tires on several brands and even more money off when you have the tires installed with their tire package.
You would never buy Goodyear tires again because the dealer probably put their cheapest model tires on the car? Seems like strange reasoning to me. You do realize that they have higher quality tires at different price points right?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
You would never buy Goodyear tires again because the dealer probably put their cheapest model tires on the car? Seems like strange reasoning to me. You do realize that they have higher quality tires at different price points right?
Nothing wrong with my reasoning. New cars do not have the tires changed at the dealer. The goodyear tires that came on the car from the factory were goodyear eagles. NOT by any means their cheapest, and after contacting both the dealer and goodyear I was informed that they were a quality performance tire not a mileage rated tire. The tires separated at the sidewall less than 3 years after we bought the car new, under 40,000 miles if I remember right. That was not the first goodyear failure we had. Had 10 ply wrangler's I put on my truck that wore prematurely.

No, I would not buy a goodyear tire ever again. Too many other companies that produce quality tires and stand behind what they sell.

Reactions: sheila

·
Registered
411 Posts
Nothing wrong with my reasoning. New cars do not have the tires changed at the dealer. The goodyear tires that came on the car from the factory were goodyear eagles. NOT by any means their cheapest, and after contacting both the dealer and goodyear I was informed that they were a quality performance tire not a mileage rated tire. The tires separated at the sidewall less than 3 years after we bought the car new, under 40,000 miles if I remember right. That was not the first goodyear failure we had. Had 10 ply wrangler's I put on my truck that wore prematurely.

No, I would not buy a goodyear tire ever again. Too many other companies that produce quality tires and stand behind what they sell.
I think all factory tires suck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts