Impala Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a Chiltons book. Wow have they changed. Nearly worthless.
So I'm looking for a good resource like a shop service manual so I don't have to pester y'all. What do you use? Are there any good online services?
Wife just bought an 08 police and it been nothing but a headache so far. All help appreciated
Thanks
Cajun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
588 Posts
Police cars are good cars once they are repaired and then enjoyed by the Owner. However in most times they can have more then the normal problems because when they are removed from Service. The people that take out the Hardware at times have no care about the cars work ability after the Removal.

At times this can Short out things, Then need replacing. Good thing to do is check all Grounds, and Then go over all the wiring. Clean up and or Repair anything that is not working...

With all that said. Sadly there isn't going to be much of anything over the counter as a Repair Manual. Not everyone has them but I would say Look over the Bay for A Shop Manual. For your Year of car right now they Range from 250 to over 400. I know for my 2000 and 03 it is 3 books. I have yet to buy one for my 06 but I think it is 3 books as well.

Maybe even look to see if there is one out there for the 9C1 or 9C3 what ever type yours is. I am not sure if there is anything for them alone. I know in my books for my years they say with or without buy may have changed over the years....

Asking for help I am sure there are people that are more then willing to try and help

James

·
Registered
442 Posts
I recently bought THIS one. Looks reasonably complete at first blush.

Cheers!

Reactions: sheila

·
Registered
697 Posts
Helm Incorporated: Search Results

If the link that Tesla posted is half as decent as the Helms manuals, then $20 is a steal for that. Otherwise, the factory Helms manuals are as good as you are going to get, unless you subscribe to AllData. The advantage to AllData is that it will cover every vehicle you own, albeit at a higher cost.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Helm Incorporated: Search Results

If the link that Tesla posted is half as decent as the Helms manuals, then $20 is a steal for that. Otherwise, the factory Helms manuals are as good as you are going to get, unless you subscribe to AllData. The advantage to AllData is that it will cover every vehicle you own, albeit at a higher cost.
The HELM manuals are the GM Factory service manuals found in the GM SI software or web page on paper. These are the GOLD Standard in GM service manuals. BRAND NEW from HELM they cost right around $200 plus shipping.

I wouldn't pay the Manual Mafia on evilbay more than $150 for a pristine three or four volume set of HELM manuals still in the shrink wrap. If they are beat up I wouldn't pay more than $75. If the set is missing one or more volume(s) or any pages are missing I'd look elsewhere.

AllData is a source for GM Tech Service Bulletins but I have yet to use their service literature.

·
Registered
697 Posts
AllData was great when I had full access to it. I could look up jobs and see if I wanted to deal with it or pass. Labor rates were posted for both warranty and actual pay, so I could quote someone easily as well. All info in AllData is provided by the manufacturers, so it would be the same info as Helms or in GMs case, SI. I had a copy of SI once, probably still have it, but it is good to 2005.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a online folder to download the Haynes 2005-2011 Chevrolet Impala Repair Manual in PDF. If you are interested send me a private message.

It Is FREE OK? I only will give you the link to download the MANUAL...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts