Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get a cheap front plate filler? The cheapest I could find was over $130!! That's just redic! I doubt I would be able to find one in a junkyard as I know they are hard to find. Maybe someone has done more research than me though. This is not something I really need or want but, if I can get one for a low cost, why not? If not, I plan on getting a blank SS plate and applying my yet un-used "Autobot" 3d emblem on it. Yes, I am a HUGE transformers fan. Who wouldn't want their car to transform into a robot?

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
If not, I plan on getting a blank SS plate and applying my yet un-used "Autobot" 3d emblem on it. Yes, I am a HUGE transformers fan. Who wouldn't want their car to transform into a robot?
Not I. I'm tired of everyone and their brother slapping autobot and transformer logos on their cars.

But, it sounds like you're just going for a decorative front plate (not badges all around the car) which is a lot more subtle and classy.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Maybe if you had a camaro it would be cool?
Meh, ever since they came out with the "Bumblebee" special edition Camaro, that's not unique either.

imo it's just played out.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Yeah I'd agree I like taking my emblems off and keeping the car clean.

But I could see the camaro guys doing a bumblebee replica that's pretty cool I guess if your into it.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
The original bumble bee was a 2006 gto with a custom body kit, that's gay they produced a bumblebee camaro.
I've never heard this, and a quick google search for "original bumblebee gto" gives me lots and lots of camaros...

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Interesting. I've always loved the last gen GTO (well, all GTOs actually lol). They're just so sleek looking (and fast) lol.

Reactions: Ejbiers

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
:beer:

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Alright, enough thread jacking lol.

Good luck finding a plate filler, g25!

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Oh that is a sweet pic.

Yeah my bad about the hijack but it did have to do with transformers lol

G25 your good with body work why not get a plastic lisence plate of some kind and body filler and make your own deal for your car?

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
G25 your good with body work why not get a plastic lisence plate of some kind and body filler and make your own deal for your car?
I was thinking of that as well. It would look sleeker than the plate filler, because there'd be no panel gap

·
Banned
154 Posts
Yeah. To fit it on an LS or base bumper you have to cut off the tabs on the back and use 3M double-sided tape. Which also means, if someone is brave enough they could rip it off the car. I suppose I could have cut openings in the bumper for the tabs to slide into. Too late now!

G25, your best bet is to keep a look out on the forums and craigslist/Ebay for someone selling one for cheap. I picked up mine from a fellow member here and on naioa. Good luck.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow somehow I missed all these posts in my "user cp". Huh anyways thanks for all the tips guys. Maybe someday I will try to fill it on my own. I agree with ryd a plate filler would add gaps and look kinda weird. Thanks ejbiers for the confidence in me!

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Didn't know they had a impala transformer.

Maybe if you had a camaro it would be cool?
There might be in the future :eek:k3:

Nah too many camaro's on the road already

1 - 20 of 39 Posts