Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 04 Impala and put an aftermarket stereo in it.
(Pioneer premier deh-p590ib)

With the keys on, the new radio will not power up.

I read up and heard you need to hook the "ACC" wire from the aftermarket radios harness to a 12v accessory turn on wire or fuse.

Question is where is the best place to get it from?

Obviously the ignition has the ACC wire on it, but what color is it?
Or is there an easier place to tap into the ACC wire or fuse?

Yes, I know the downsides of switching out the factory stereo,
just looking for a good known "12v ACC Wire" in the dash.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Did you use one of the wiring harness adapters for your new radio? The type you buy for your year-make-model and soder it to the new radio harness? If so then when you wired it up it would have crossed correctly into the system wiring when pluged in to the vehicle harness. If that being the case I would check the radio fuse to see if it is blown.

If you cut and splice the wiring then look for two orange wires, one will be hot for the radio memeory, the other will be hot when the key is on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I used the correct wiring harness adapter.

For these newer impala's the acc wire is actually a 'data' wire and doesn't supply a 12v charge, therefore cannot be used for an acc wire. (The car uses the stock radio to control certain car functions)

This is the only car that I know of that needs an "ACC wire" ran.
I've put stereos in many cars, usually the ACC wire connects in the wiring harness as normal... this is not the case with an 04 impala

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found an ACC fuse.
Drivers side fuse panel.

"CIG/AUX (OPTIONAL)" in owners manual.

It's the closest fuse to the driver, in the middle column of fuses, drivers side dash pop off panel.

Works good :biggrin:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm trying to do the same here for my 2003 impala. I'm just wondering if the cig/aux 10A would work because it's continous, isn't it? Would this kill my battery?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm trying to do the same here for my 2003 impala. I'm just wondering if the cig/aux 10A would work because it's continous, isn't it? Would this kill my battery?
It's been a couple months, but in case anyone else finds this thread through Google:

According to the owner's manual, the "CIG/AUX (OPTIONAL)" fuse in the driver's side box is listed as "Accommodated Device (Accessory)" , and the "PWR DROP" fuse in the passenger's side box is listed as "Accommodated Device".

Those two fuses are to add electronics powered by the retained accessory power system and constant battery power, respectively.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts