Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
There is no arguing. I was just correcting his bogus information.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just my opinion but I would never accept any vehicle w/ metal in the oil. The stuff in your photos looked "brass like", ie bearings, valve guides, etc. I drive 3 elderly beaters and I've never seen any metal in the oil in any of them. All of them have over 200,000 miles on them. Ditto for all my previous cars.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
It was no big deal but you got your panties twisted and now are lashing out. Calm down, all I was trying to do was correct your bogus info so others wouldn't get the wrong information.

People make mistakes all the time, I do too believe it or not. The difference is in the way people handle it. Most say "oops sorry" while some like yourself get butt hurt when they are caught in a mistake and get mad when corrected.

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
Just like there is a difference in how someone handles it when they make a mistake, there is also a difference in how someone corrects mistakes made by others. Yes, incorrect information was provided, but correcting such mistakes can be done with a little more "tact" that just saying "Wrong", which comes across as rude. In my opinion, that one word caused this whole mess. Do you constantly just blurt out "Wrong!" every time someone makes a mistake in person? Maybe you do - but I would hope not. It's a rude, immature way of correcting someone. Of course someone is going to get "defensive" when you correct them that way.

I feel that @Bowtie396 did a much better job of correcting the mistake (and as you can see, his correctiion caused no issues):

"Actually 2014 & 2015 are 5 Year/100,000 Miles, 2016 on up is 5 Year/60,000 Miles."

Same exact correction, just a little more mature way of correcting the mistake.

Not to mention that posting videos like "The more you know" surely doesn't help the situation either - again, it comes across as rude. Maybe you like coming across as rude and getting into these little "scuffles" online, but it really does detract from the thread.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Wrong is wrong. If the word wrong upsets you then you may need to log off the internet.

Mature is not throwing personal attacks, unlike what Robhazmat is doing but seems to be condoned. Maybe the mod in the thread likes personal attacks.
Take it to PM if you want to cry about it anymore, both Robhazmat and Jtrosky so this can get back on track with correct info given.

Thanks

Reactions: 12 lt and kbz1960

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Again, maturity is not getting butt hurt over being wrong.

I said take it to PM if you want to cry about it some more.

Thanks

·
Banned
78 Posts
Again, maturity is not getting butt hurt over being wrong.

I said take it to PM if you want to cry about it some more.

Thanks
Agree with jtrosky and robhazmat. You acted arrogantly and then whined when you were attacked. Conduct yourself in a better manner and you'll be treated as such.

·
Super Moderator
10,760 Posts
Now that all your butts don't hurt if you can't give the OP any advice then shut the kcuf pu

·
Super Moderator
10,760 Posts
You could test me and my Ban Hammer

·
Registered
157 Posts
I like applesauce!!

I like applesauce!!

I have decided to see if the non-violent conflict intervention training I was forced to take at work is actually a viable technique. I have chosen the "distract with something totally non-sensical" technique. This technique is supposed to provoke a WTF response from everyone involved, thus diffusing the situation. The unfortunate side effect is that it makes the person intervening look like a total dork. Which my wife would confirm is the norm anyway, so no downside on my part.

·
Super Moderator
10,760 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Here is some advice, do not get a 4 cyl for this car you will regret it. I have the V6 and I am glad I got it. Before that my previous 3 cars had a 2.5L 4 and it always bothered me because they lacked the passing power and acceleration. Seeing you have other concerns like metal flakes is the universe warning you

·
Banned
78 Posts
Here is some advice, do not get a 4 cyl for this car you will regret it. I have the V6 and I am glad I got it. Before that my previous 3 cars had a 2.5L 4 and it always bothered me because they lacked the passing power and acceleration. Seeing you have other concerns like metal flakes is the universe warning you
^This, I hate 4 cylinders in general though. They puke their guts out to get up to speed, many of them don't even make it far past 100,000 miles.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts