Impala Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im new and lookin at buying a 58 biscayne 4 door what should i look out for an what yrs are interchangeable parts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Check over the Sheet Metal real good including the underside. Body-wise, the '58 is by itself and not much will interchange. Mechanically, many parts will interchange with the '58 to '64 Full Size models.

If you buy it and need parts, just let us know.

Bill

·
Super Moderator
10,766 Posts
Welcome and show us some pics :beer:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
she runs and drives the owner sent me a quick video of it i ran the vin and it came with the inlne 6 but the ower said it now has a 305 v8 and auto tranny

·
Registered
581 Posts
The Body looks to be pretty solid as far as I can tell by the pictures. Right, by the Emblems it also tells us that it was originally a 6-Cylinder. Has a non-original Interior and a non-original Radiator. A 305 is a much newer engine and nothing great, but if it runs, well that is good.

Looks like a pretty interesting car, really. What would be your plans for it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
non originally interior? and just right now get it on the road and than get her cleaned up till i can afford to soup it up and rod it out

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not the orginal interior? and just get her on the road and clean her up till im out of the army and can afford to soup it up and hot rod it

·
Registered
581 Posts
My only '58 is a parts car and most of the Interior parts are gone, including the seats, but if you google "58 Biscayne Interior" and click onto "Images" you should be able to find some good pictures there.

Bill

·
Registered
581 Posts
No sorry, not a good one. Have you tried to buy a new one?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Try your local Auto Glass shop as well. You may be able to get one without a shipping charge.

Bill

1 - 18 of 18 Posts