Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I bought my 2005 Chevy Impala used and it's radio is locked. I tried holding down all numerical buttons together to produce the code but to no avail. My options now are to buy a new radio or take it to the dealership and pay 145 for a diagnostic. I am a 25 year old father and don't have that type of money ATM. Was wondering if anyone had any helpful hints or suggestions. My name Is Eric btw lol

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Hey so I bought my 2005 Chevy Impala used and it's radio is locked. I tried holding down all numerical buttons together to produce the code but to no avail. My options now are to buy a new radio or take it to the dealership and pay 145 for a diagnostic. I am a 25 year old father and don't have that type of money ATM. Was wondering if anyone had any helpful hints or suggestions. My name Is Eric btw lol

Eric,

There is a method to unlock the “theft lock” feature of the radio. I do not have the steps at hand, but have read about it on numerous online forums. Disconnecting the negative battery cable will not unlock the radio.

I would suggest doing an Internet search via your favorite search engine, and you should easily find the instructions.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have done that extensively and still I am in the same position. I have tried for a month now and it is still unknown to me.id really appreciate the steps to at least attempt because every other option I have tried has produced no results.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Radio display shows "loc" when the learned VIN in the radio doesn't match the vehicles VIN. There is no code to unlock the radio.
You need to complete the radio setup procedure in the radio special functions menu of a Tech2 scan tool to properly configure the radio to your impala.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts