Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I have a 2017 LT 3.6. Looked in the owners manual and could not find the location of the cabin air filter. Need help with locating.

Thanks

Here is an excellent write up: http://www.impalaforums.com/diy-how-to-s-and-write-up-s/543929-2014-impala-cabin-filter-replacement.html

It took me about 10 minutes the first time I changed the filter in my 2014 Impala 2LTZ.

One tip: when you insert the new cabin air filter, use your thumbs and push on the left and right (front) corners to slide the filter into the housing. If you push in the middle of the front edge of the filter, it will buckle and bind.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Notice in the video of the 2014, the glove box has a light. From 2015 and onward no glove box light.
Quick cost cutting measure by Chevy.

Just saw article and pictures of the 2019 updated Camaro. So Spark, Malibu and Cruze all updated for 2019 too.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Notice in the video of the 2014, the glove box has a light. From 2015 and onward no glove box light.
Quick cost cutting measure by Chevy.

Just saw article and pictures of the 2019 updated Camaro. So Spark, Malibu and Cruze all updated for 2019 too.

For 2015 and forward, the HD radio feature was also eliminated. The standard sunroof was eliminated on the LTZ model, and made an option.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I replaced mine in February. It's behind the glove box. Take that off and then you need to remove like 10 screws then remove the cover on the filter then pull it out. Total pain in the ass because of the number of screws.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took care of it yesterday. The only problems I had were the unclipping of the door that covers the filter and replacing the same door. The clips that hold the door are on the sides of the compartment and can not be seen. I found that if you reach in with your finger you can feel the end of the clip. Just pull out and away from the side of the filter compartment and that should release the clip. After replacing the filter in the compartment, I tried to clip the door back on. I could get it to clip on one side but not the other. After a couple of tries, I took a closer look at the door and found that it has a topside and a downside. There is no designation on the door that informs you of this. But on the top side of the door there a couple of indentations that let it clear the metal mounting brackets on the top.

Got it back together without any throwing of tools or fatalities.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I've done a couple on rentals in Utah and the West coast that were so filthy with pollen I couldn't drive em without getting a runny nose and headache. Really not difficult.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts