Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I OCCASIONALLY hear this sploshing of liquid in the front of the vehicle. It is so random I cannot lean to see where it's at. It sounds like it's coming from the engine bay, but could very well be the passenger side. Any thought? (I would search, but I am REALLY pressed for time this week. Sorry and thanks in advance! :beer:

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Did one of those Racine prom goers have to stash their 40 ouncer in your car dodging the popo?

Or.......I have actually heard of this before. Seems like something to do with the heater core if remember correctly. I will try to search for ya on NAIOA if I get a moment. EDIT: can you access this? It is coolant around the heater core. Allegedly nothing to worry about.

http://www.naioa.com/v2/modules.php...6&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured maybe something is low and that is what I am hearing, it sploshing within a container. I can access on Safari but not IE or FF. :(

·
The Unscrupulous Lt. Colonel
1,077 Posts
Very common in these cars. I wouldnt worry about it.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
I figured maybe something is low and that is what I am hearing, it sploshing within a container. I can access on Safari but not IE or FF. :(
I just direct emailed you the whole thread, not a link - :beer: .

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm 98% sure it's the heater core. In fact I had a tech riding with me (Friend of mine) he told me he was pretty sure that's what it was. Forgot to update this. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts