Impala Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a 2004 impala that im trying to temporality hook up a line out converter to for my system (amp: alpine mrp m-500 sub:alpine type r) until i get some money together for my head unit

i thought i did everything right, ive dont systems before but never with a LOC. the problem im having is that my sub is hitting when i have my volume at 0 and when i turn it up it hits to about 25% and then cuts out after that.. any idea what could be causing this? its been driving me crazy having this system sitting in my trunk not hooked up

·
Go Get It
15,094 Posts
Hmm. That sounds pretty bizarre.

It sounds to me that your gain is too high and causing your amp to go into protection mode. If there is a separate gain on the LOC, try turning it down. If not, try turning the gain down on the amp. If neither of these solve it (and another member doesn't come up with a solution), I'd try a new LOC

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm maybe the LOC is the posibility.. i have the gain on my amp turned as low as it goes.. i didnt even know the LOC could have a gain on it ill go check that now

·
Go Get It
15,094 Posts
Some models do, some don't. Another option is to see if your amplifier has "high level" or "speaker level" inputs. This is essentially an LOC built into the amp.

·
Go Get It
15,094 Posts
You wouldn't change any settings. Basically, you'd wire the leads that you spliced into the speaker wires into the high level input on the amp. No need for an LOC or RCAs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay im gooing to go check that out now. thanks for the help! ive been trying to do this for weeks now haha.. i havent had beats in over 2 months now :bahttp://www.impalaforums.com/images/smilies/bang.gifng:

·
Go Get It
15,094 Posts
Hope it works. Let me know what happens

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i just checked and it does have the speaker level inputs!

the only problem is is that how to you connect the wires to it? i looks like it needs a harness or something ? any idea?

·
Go Get It
15,094 Posts
There is a small harness that should have come with the amp. If you bought the amp second hand, or threw away your packaging, you might be SOL on the speaker level inputs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
after a week of looking.. it has all been thrown out, im not too happy..
but it gave me a reason to just go out and buy the headunit i wanted..

thanks for the help

·
Go Get It
15,094 Posts
Well, probably best you got the head unit anyways.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts