Impala Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I too like the look of the Genesis. I won't ever buy a car from a non-American company, but if I ever did, I would definitely consider the Genesis. :)

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk
Hope not to derail with a debate but I think you should reconsider that statement. I would agree with you if you said imported cars, but foreign owned manufacturers operating in the US employ a lot of americans and some models are built with with more american parts than the Big 3. Well Chrysler is technically a foreign company now as well so it it the Big 2?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I too like the look of the Genesis. I won't ever buy a car from a non-American company, but if I ever did, I would definitely consider the Genesis. :)

Hope not to derail with a debate but I think you should reconsider that statement. I would agree with you if you said imported cars, but foreign owned manufacturers operating in the US employ a lot of americans and some models are built with with more american parts than the Big 3. Well Chrysler is technically a foreign company now as well so it it the Big 2?
You'd be surprised to know that Genesis are made in Alabama, so US built if you want to split hairs...

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
Even if a foreign car is built here, it's still a foreign car and you are still supporting a foreign company instead of supporting an American company. Just think, if all Americans would have continued to buy cars from American car companies instead of buying foreign cars to begin with, all American cars would probably still be built here in the USA - and then we could be buying cars from American companies that were also all made in America.

So as long as American car companies are around, you will never see me own a car from a foreign company - it's just not going to happen. I can't control where the companies build the cars, but I can control whether I support an American company or a foreign company. There is a lot more to consider than just where the car was physically assembled - believe it or not, American car companies employ MANY other people besides the people that build the cars.

Anyway - this is NOT something that I will ever change my mind on (as long as American car companies exist). :) So I'm not going to debate it - just explaining why I believe what I believe. :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well. Color me surprised. I think it sounds pretty decent. BUT. It does not match up well with the car. Sounds like it is trying to be something it is not. V8 wise you could say maybe? I am still wanting to hear what the Magnaflow cat back system sounds like on these cars with the V6.
Few videos on the web of 8th gens with the LFX with magnaflo. cat back. Never liked magnaflows on v6's. Muffler delete sounds better. And theres no power to be madr post cat.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I personally think it sounds great. Best sounding 9th gen I've heard yet. I will also agree with a previous poster saying as much as I like the sound, it doesn't fit MY car. With it all blacked out like that I think it's killer, especially at 22. At 41 and I've had some pretty nice cars, I bought my impala for space, comfort and quiet. Nice job man, to be 22 again :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I personally think it sounds great. Best sounding 9th gen I've heard yet. I will also agree with a previous poster saying as much as I like the sound, it doesn't fit MY car. With it all blacked out like that I think it's killer, especially at 22. At 41 and I've had some pretty nice cars, I bought my impala for space, comfort and quiet. Nice job man, to be 22 again :)
Thanks. Hopeing to get some interior videos before i install my resonator... like to make a thread later in the future to show off everyones impala.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You'd be surprised to know that Genesis are made in Alabama, so US built if you want to split hairs...
Genesis in not made in Alabama The Hyundai Genesis is assembled in the city of Ulsan, South Korea, for world-wide export and for the KDM (Korean Domestic Market).

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
VIDEO IS UP OF INTERIOR VIEW, NO FULL THROTTLES THOUGH LOL

·
Registered
33 Posts
Genesis in not made in Alabama The Hyundai Genesis is assembled in the city of Ulsan, South Korea, for world-wide export and for the KDM (Korean Domestic Market).
Montegomery, Alabama. Built in the USA? Hyundai Alabama Plant Tour

Sorry this got way off topic. That doesn't sound too bad Jules. Post another vid after you delete the resonator please.

·
Registered
33 Posts
To the OP, sorry for hijacking this thread. Was NOT my intention at all, I never wanted to be "that guy" lol. Hell, i'm not sure why I even mentioned it. I have always owned Chevys and probably always will. My daily driver is a '15 k1500, my beater is an '94 k2500, my Dad has an '04.5 dmax and a '69 C10 that is becoming a show truck so ya, I've always been a bowtie believer....

Honestly, the only reason I even bought my wife the Genesis was because my sister works for Hyundai corp and we got an insane deal on it... Would I own another one? Eh, probably not. IT's still an overpriced Korean car. Genesis was made by Hyundai and Hyundai is owned by Kia. So in the end they're all the same cheaply made auto with a crazy warranty. It's still a fun car to drive, even if ours WAS made in Korea and shipped over (some are assembled in Alabama, but I'm done arguing that further) and I'm sure it will break down and leak soy sauce all over the interstate and I"ll have to patch it back together with Ramen noodles and sticky rice pattys. At least I have the Impala to rely on =) It just rolled 50k this weekend so I'm happy to say I will continue to own a Chevrolet. My '94 K2500 beater still starts up every time and hasn't had any issues the 14 years I've had it, bought it off my Uncle with only 18k original miles back in '02.

I will now slowly retreat back into the shadows, slap myself back into reality, and remember what forum i'm on lol. Sorry for the unnecessary excitement this created.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im trying to get the muscle car sound on my 2016 Impala LT. So far I've installs magnaflow mufflers. Adds a Bass Note i can hear inside but not outside. I'm thinking about a resonator delete next. Did you drive without the Yonaka Res before added or or just added it as soon as you removed the OEM Resonator. I was just going to go straight pipe replacement when i get my resonator removed or will that make my cabin ride unbearable and i need to get a resonator replacement like you did?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Im trying to get the muscle car sound on my 2016 Impala LT. So far I've installs magnaflow mufflers. Adds a Bass Note i can hear inside but not outside. I'm thinking about a resonator delete next. Did you drive without the Yonaka Res before added or or just added it as soon as you removed the OEM Resonator. I was just going to go straight pipe replacement when i get my resonator removed or will that make my cabin ride unbearable and i need to get a resonator replacement like you did?
You are going to lose HP doing all this tinkering with the exhaust, hope you plan on getting a tune or tuning it yourself. All show and no go by the time you are done. There is a post about that already on the forum, be my guest and look it up.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts