Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,

Just arrived from the dyno, and i'm very, very please with the results.

I'm a bit sad I did loose a bit under 3,300rpm, but the gains from 3,890 to redline is worth it. Also, does not really matter if you compare the power gains vs. the stock wheel power. I'm sure more gains can be achieve with another data-logged with Trifecta and eliminate the bottom-end power loss.

Again, please understand, this test report was done on a Mustang Dyno and the test was compare hot vs. hot/ JacFab vs. previous mods, basically apples to apples. I'm not sure what the gains would be on a stock/no tune engine.

Peak WHP JacFab: 256whp w/o: 251whp (+5whp)
Peak WTQ JacFab: 237wtq w/o: 226whp (+11wtq)

MAX POWER GAINS: +15wtq @4,635rpm/+11whp @5,580rpm

FYI, we did a cold pass by cooling the car 45 minutes;
261whp (259whp without the spacer)
247wtq (241wtq without the spacer)
254whp & 237wtq semi-cold run/ no spacer (did not have time to test with the spacer)

To this day, I'm still shock how the LFX on the Impala responds to modifications, and the power gains always makes doubt the dyno operator and he always make multiple passes to confirm the power. And if you look at my last post :JacFab Track Tested, it allows me to run consistent passes, one after the other one by reducing the engine heat soak (win-win situation)

Enjoy, and i'm very happy for Jason (JacFab) and Overkill (vendor) and Will_P (the only one I know who install this part)

:beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for taking the time, and effort to do this. For the most part, I'm pleased with what I see, and it looks like you did a great job of comparison testing hot/hot, etc!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jason, no sweat.

I do the dyno testing the same way I race the car at the track.

1st past: cold run, 2nd past: cold/hot run and 3rd pass: the hot run.

The test report and my track time did confirm that the spacer, on my application, opens the air way and improve mid-to-high-end RPM. The Humidity was at %62 (%6 more than last time) and barometric Pr was at 102.1 (vs.101.0). So i would not worry too much about the bottom-end power loss, it somewhat little vs. the gains.

Thank you and I will keep intouch

·
Registered
241 Posts
Awesome, I knew the gains were good from what I felt. Great to have some numbers to back or up! Thanks!

·
Registered
412 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just put on my typhoon cold air intake but I’m one of your YouTube videos, impalalfx13, you said that the spacer would not work well if you have trifecta, even though in that same video you said that u had trifecta currently on the vehicle? So does this mean I shouldn’t get it or should I?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts