Impala Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Cyrus, congratulations. This is the first time I am reading your thread. Top work! I used to own a 1992 Ciera (loved that car), so it is nice to see someone trying to keep one alive with a heart transplant. My own personal bias would have been to see you install a supercharged 3.8L, but the 3.6 will do nicely for you.

Dumb question: did you install the 6 speed transmission as well, or did you keep the 4 speed from the Olds? (sorry if I may have missed it in your posts)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Cyrus, congratulations. This is the first time I am reading your thread. Top work! I used to own a 1992 Ciera (loved that car), so it is nice to see someone trying to keep one alive with a heart transplant. My own personal bias would have been to see you install a supercharged 3.8L, but the 3.6 will do nicely for you.

Dumb question: did you install the 6-speed transmission as well, or did you keep the 4 speed from the Olds? (sorry if I may have missed it in your posts)
thanks for all kind words buddy, there is no way to mount or match or whatever old stock 3 or 4speed trannies on such a modern and different engine like 3.6 lfx ... i bought all engine and trans(6t70 6speed) complete pullout.

everything works like an engine works in its original car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
here is some video (not good quality from my friend phone) but before i do my latest tune a lot of wheelspin ..wrong shift points + TCC while WOT and more wrong tune to engine and trans and two passengers

https://youtu.be/Y4O4kru8SH8

got my best time ever by my latest tune..

0-100km/h 4.5sec

next post i will upload pictures to show my 4.5sec record.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You could go ghetto hook up a Bluetooth OBDII scanner and have a tablet running torque pro for the tach and speedo maybe?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, i have an 2010 cadillac srx with 3.0L i would like to swap for 2015 LFX 3.6L. I have been told this is fairly straight forward swap needing cpu to be reprogrammed for it. the expert at doing this type of swap i was going to pay to program the ecu has went dark. can't seem to get into contact again. anyone know someone else knowledged on this and can do the programming?

41 - 51 of 51 Posts