Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all impala forum, i m from Iran and got a complete pull out of 2015 impala limited to put in my 1990 olds cutlass ciera.

I made all engine/trans mounts and it mounted on cradle now so I m looking for some info mostly about wiring harness(i got all engine bay harness complete with engine and trans) for example how fuse block gives the power to cooling fans?! I see no connector or wire from fuse block about cooling fans ...

about fuel pump i know fuse block just gives 12+ to fuel module and then ECM signals the module to produce enough pressure , but still i cannot find where that 12+ come out of engine bay harness to the module... i can see those three connectors which connect engine bay harness to body harness but it could be great to have some pinout of those three connectors, if i remember right one of them with female pins and two others with male pins on connectors.

thanks in advance to anybody can help me doing this project.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
If I read your post correctly, you're taking the 3.6L engine from your 2015 Impala and putting it in your 1990 Oldsmobile? Good luck with this project...

Seeing as the two cars are 25 years apart, what can possibly go wrong?...

·
Registered
287 Posts
This should get you started, the cooling fan control schematics and fuel flow schematics, as well as connector information for the fuse block connectors you are likely missing to run the fans(as they are part of the lighting harness) and the FPCM (as it is fed through the instrument harness) Hovering over pictures will show what I named them, they are named for the connector they represent. I forgot to annotate the file before I saved it

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
And this is X115, which contains the FPCM control signal as well as a few other fuel system and related circuits

The part number info should help you source these connectors as well if you need them

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
If I read your post correctly, you're taking the 3.6L engine from your 2015 Impala and putting it in your 1990 Oldsmobile? Good luck with this project...

It'll be interesting to follow! I hope he gets it done so we can see it!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this complete pullout is from 2015 impala limited with 3000miles on it .. bought it online from Orlando last year and then shipped to dubai then forwarded to iran as u know we can not do it directly ... so paid a lot for this package +shipping costs.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks a lot ... I was looking for something like this long time, just came back from the garage and was playing with wiring harness so I found out what was missing from this puzzle...in fact fuse box has 4 big connectors which attach to fuse box backside (one from engine wiring/two from the body harness/another one to front end about cooling fans and headlights.etc) before tonight I didn't know that and only engine harness connector was on fuse box... I was checking body side harness which I got from the seller with gas pedal then I found out those two big connectors goes to fuse box but the bad news still I have one missing connector(lower one) about cooling fans/headlight.

as a solution, i can manually wire those pins for cooling fans so no big deal.

you mentioned about fuel system which i researched enough on it before, fuse box feeds power after a 15amp fuse by red/white wire to fuel pump module then a green/white wire from ECM signals fuel pump module so with this info i have need to run a new relay only because of bypassing that module.

This should get you started, the cooling fan control schematics and fuel flow schematics, as well as connector information for the fuse block connectors you are likely missing to run the fans(as they are part of the lighting harness) and the FPCM (as it is fed through the instrument harness) Hovering over pictures will show what I named them, they are named for the connector they represent. I forgot to annotate the file before I saved it

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
these pictures would be great with pinouts because I need to know each pin on those three connectors connects engine/ECM wiring to body on the driver side, for now, i found pins and wires about electric gas pedal only...

And this is X115, which contains the FPCM control signal as well as a few other fuel system and related circuits

The part number info should help you source these connectors as well if you need them

·
Registered
287 Posts
youre looking for more info on numbers 1, 9, 10 in this drawing, correct?

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
yes, they are with different numbers of pins ... 11,12 and 14 pins.

plus those four big connectors behind the fuse box.
Okay, Ill work on getting them up today. You mean 11 wires correct? GM doesnt use an 11way connector that I am familiar with

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes buddy, 11 active pins on that connector so 11 wires.

about those 4 big connectors behind the fuse box ...
I found them last night, so still looking for those 3 connectors pinouts.

Okay, Ill work on getting them up today. You mean 11 wires correct? GM doesnt use an 11way connector that I am familiar with

1 - 20 of 51 Posts