Impala Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put leds inside there fenders. I wanna put some leds inside my fenders to shine on my rims at night but i dont want no neons. cuz im not a light expert i dont kno if leds r water proof

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
You will probably get pulled over. BUT, if you must, superbrightleds.com has some waterproof lights that are 12v hookups which will work. You just need to wire it somehow all together with a switch. That's my recommendation.

·
Registered
913 Posts
You can find waterproof LED's on ebay for cheap. The LED's will be waterproof but you need to make your connections water proof too. Meaning any connections need to have some heat shrink on them and well as some GOOD electrical tape. Not that Jap Wrap cheap shit, I mean some 3m #33 electrical tape.

The LED's that I have in my trunk are "waterproof" and I got those on ebay for less than a buck each.

Oh and I agree with Don, you'll probably get pulled over with them on while driving. They're considered a distraction, just like having an underbody glow kit on.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We live in houston i get pulled over for been mexican in a nice car lol

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there anything protecting tha leds cuz i mean if a rock frm the tire. Hit it would be a waste

·
Registered
913 Posts
We live in houston i get pulled over for been mexican in a nice car lol
Hence why I stuck with the 18's and didn't put 20's on it.:lol:

Is there anything protecting tha leds cuz i mean if a rock frm the tire. Hit it would be a waste
My cheap ebay ones seem like they'd be pretty durable. The LED isn't exposed, its covered in a clear plastic.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thts a beat i figure out how imma wire it up b4 i buy everythin shouldbi wire it to a fuse

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
yeah that would be a good idea, and you will need to wire resistors before the leds if youre just ordering bulbs

·
Registered
913 Posts
yeah that would be a good idea, and you will need to wire resistors before the leds if youre just ordering bulbs
If he buys the LED strips off of ebay he won't need any resistors.

You can go to radio shack and buy an "inline fuse" and use that if you don't want to tap it into something that already has a fuse. They're like a couple of bucks there. The LED strips don't pull much so you won't need a huge fuse maybe 1-5 amps depending on how many strips you use.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So were would i plug tha inline fuse in at

·
Registered
913 Posts
You would hook the fuse up in between the positive wire going the power source and the LEDs.

______________Power____________Fuse_________________LED_______________

^Thats a very crude drawing but its the simplest way to do it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fuk it im just goin wire to a fuse tht turns on and Off with the car im not a expert on all these other things u tell me lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts