Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my rear bulbs with LEDs and after a resistor install resolved the hyper flash and they work great. Repeated the process on the front bulbs and although the hyper flash is gone they won't blink. I installed the resistor on the same yellow & black wires as I did on the back, do you think this is possibly the problem or is there something else I'm missing?

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
May have hooked them up to the park light, not the signal?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked that anyway but it would have been impossible to do. Opposite ends of the headlight plus the resistor fixed the hyperflash but the bulb now won't flash at all.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Try taking out the resistors and see if they even do the hyperflash now, its possible they burnt up. Are they the cheapos off ebay?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought the decent ones from DDMTuning I feel confident the resistor is still good. I pulled the resistor and the hyperflash returned but only on the rears. The front bulbs remained lit and did not flash at all. I put the LEDs on the back burner and installed the HIDs, I'll try to get back to the LEDs this weekend. I heard something about getting an electronic flasher or something is necessary to resolve the no flash issue in the front. I don't know if that's even true or not.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I'm not sure what your working on. Are the front and rear bulbs the same? Could you swap them around to see what happens? Again I don't know what your working on so I don't know the bulb sizes.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
They should all be the same bulb, save for color maybe. The car already has an electronic flasher, clearly just a poorly designed one. Resistors are the only fix I am aware of on these. Use a meter to check the resistors, make sure they didn't burn out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry the car is an 07' SS. I have tried the bulbs with and without resistors and the only thing that changes is hyperflash. They dont blink either way. I tried a different LED with the same result. Not sure what else it could be.

·
Registered
545 Posts
some cars just dont like LED. Take my sububran, the LED tail light works fine, but they dont have the current the electrical system needs to see, so the curise doesnt work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts