Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is in the right thread, but has anybody done LED or HIDs in their car? if so, which one is easiest/more cost effective? I'm no stranger to wiring, I just would not wanna screw up my lights. Thanks in advance!

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
For the headlights I'm assuming?

Many people have done HIDs. They're very simple to install, though I'd recommend using a relay harness when installing HIDs.

As for LED headlights, not a good idea. The ones that would plug in and replace your factory bulbs are nowhere near bright enough to use as headlights. You'd need very bright LEDs (read: very expensive) that are made specifically for use as headlights, and then you'd need to have a custom reflective housing built to house the LEDs (of which you'd need 5+ per side). At this point, the technology for retrofitting headlights with LED just isn't there. Go with HID.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I agree with Ryd Slo, HID is the way to go, do it right and you won't have issues. You can use LED's for blinker bulbs, but never high or low beams.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice! Do you have any links for ones that aren't too involved on the install? I know there's going to be work required, I just don't want to screw it up

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
All HID kits and relay harness are basically the same in terms of install. It's very simple, just a matter of connecting the relay harness to the battery and a couple grounds, then plugging everything in the right way (plenty of youtube videos on this)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts