Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a 2009 Impala LT with cloth seats, passenger side has no power. I’m looking to swap in factory leather seats and the module for the heated seats as well. Can anyone tell me if there has to be an splicing of wires, or does everything just plug in?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I’ve got a 2009 Impala LT with cloth seats, passenger side has no power. I’m looking to swap in factory leather seats and the module for the heated seats as well. Can anyone tell me if there has to be an splicing of wires, or does everything just plug in?

I own a 2014 Impala 2TLZ, and previously owned 2008, 2011, and 2012 Impala LTZ models - all with heated, front leather seats.

I don’t know the answers to your questions - but don’t forget that the dash HVAC control panel has the switches in it for the heated seats (when equipped). That would also have to be changed. I believe the car’s computer has to be programmed to recognize the heated seat option.

I’m not sure what year, but front seat mounted air bags were used in the 8th generation models. Use caution when removing the seats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know the 2009 Impala had the airbags in the seats, I’ve found a donor car with those seats but leather, I just don’t know if I need to splice wires to get power to the passenger seat or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just bumping this thread, the connectors look similar but mine are missing the wires necessary for heated seats. That I don’t worry about, just looking for power to the passenger leather seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts