Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well the other day I had to change the rear brakes on my 04, went well but today I smelled gas when getting out of the car, looked under and saw some fresh fuel on the bottom of the filter.

So I guess I may have pierced the filter while jacking up my car (I put it right on the frame rail where the filter is located which I think it correct right?) the bracket is completely rusted out and it may have rusted the filter also I cant really see the hole because it seems to be on top...?

So yeah what should I do when removing the fuel filter, and do you think it would be possible to buy a new bracket for the filter?

Thanks

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
You can probably get one, new it's probably a dealer only item, don't know how much it would cost. You may be able to find one in a junkyard. On the back end, just squeeze the plastic tabs in till they click open, then pull the line off, gas will come out, but it will stop after a second, it's just what's in the line and filter. The front side is threaded together, use standard wrenches, this is probably the only non-metric part on the entire car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts