Impala Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
How do you like the true tap shifting? I've been thinking about enabling it on mine. Does it only function in Low or do you have to paddle shift in D also?

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Haven't enabled it yet... I do know the correct settings to enable it, but just haven't done it yet. I'm not sure if you can set it up to work when in drive or not, but I think you can - have to re-visit the info on HPTuners...

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
FYI - here is a link to the exact settings you need to enable true tap shift (this is from the Camaro forums, but I believe that this will work on the Impala too):

2ls with Sport Mode and manual mode - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Basically, the Camaro LS comes stock just like the Impala - with the ERS is manual mode. Apparently, these settings will make the Camaro LS act just like the Camaro LT, which allows for true tap shift from the factory.

It's funny, all of the "pro" tuners were telling the Camaro folks that it couldn't be done - and then some guy just tried setting the trans setting to the same values as the Camaro LT and sure enough, it worked!

EDIT: By the way, this should also let us setup a "sport" mode, where you can make the shifts quicker/firmer and re-adjust shift points. Basically, when you go into "M"anual mode, you'd be in "Sport" mode (which would still shift automatically, but use the "sportier" shifts) - unless/until you use one of the paddle shifters - then you'd switch into true "tap-up/tap-down" mode (no automatic shifts). If you wanted to get back into automatic "Sport" mode, you'd hold the upshift paddle for 2-4 seconds and it would return you to "Sport" mode... Of course, while in "D"rive, shifting would operate normally. Pretty cool setup! Will have to try it myself soon....

21 - 23 of 23 Posts