Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
Love the wheels! It looks great! I personally think it would look killer with all the chrome blacked out to give it the full stormtrooper look

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love the wheels! It looks great! I personally think it would look killer with all the chrome blacked out to give it the full stormtrooper look
Funny enough, I never seen my own car without the chrome pylons. I bought it with it and the chrome grille already installed. Since then I've tinted, bought new tail lights, new headlights, wheels, and audio system. I'll probably finish it off with the new projectors headlights and a few trim customizations.

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
The design also makes them look bigger than they are. I am curious on the size though.

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
^^my thoughts exactly

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are in-fact 22's. You'll have to get thin tires (I'll get the size if you need it) to make them work and you have to take 1 extra step to keep the rear from rubbing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl8ioVtxXuc

^^ That way.

The front just barely touches IF i have the wheel turned all the way which isn't a big deal since I'll be going slow for that kind of turn anyways. Believe it or not, the smoothness of the ride isn't anywhere as bad as you'd think it would be. It's actually not bad at all. The only other things you'll notice is that the tires (obviously) have more grip to the road and some more road noise. The rear WILL rub for a split second if you have weight in the back and turn hard or hit a decent dip at speed.

Even though that makes it all sound bad, it really isn't. It was definitely worth going for. And yes, the design of the rims help out a lot since they stretch to the edge of the lip. The wheel face is custom painted to match the Summit White. I do advise against getting a face that sticks out further than the lip though. :lol:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good. I love the tails though. You got the smoked ones?
Those are the black spyder tails with a clear lens. From personally using them, I would advise against smoking them because they wouldn't produce a whole lot of light during the daytime.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Looking cool with those wheels. Overall, your car looks awesome. That's what I thought about smoking them too. It's never advisable of doing so. As much as I wanted to have them smoked, I have never really gone with the idea.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts