Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 impala has killed a couple of times when turning. Not real often just every few days or so. but every time i start it, it starts hard and may die right away. My guess is the fuel pump is going out but i'm not sure. Anyone have these symptoms and could tell me what i can do.

·
Registered
375 Posts
How many miles are on the car?

I'd recommend changing the fuel filter, since most people dont bother - and it's probably full of crap by now. Costs about ten bucks and you can do it yourself.

Plugs and wires should be done at 100k miles. costs about 90 bucks and you can do it yourself.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it just turned 100k on the clock. so i'll probably try changing out the fuel filter and see what that does.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i have been giving it a little gas when i start it. But the main problem is it killing randomly when driving.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
turned out to be the fuel pressure regulator. It was letting gas through when it wasn't supposed to. $45 and it was easy to replace myself.

·
Banned
117 Posts
^ very glad to hear and thanks for the update :smile:

So many times i have seen people post a thread about a problem,BUT never post an update to what the problem was and what fixed it.

Again,thanks for the update.

·
Registered
375 Posts
^ very glad to hear and thanks for the update :smile:

So many times i have seen people post a thread about a problem,BUT never post an update to what the problem was and what fixed it.

Again,thanks for the update.

Ditto. Always important to update for future members with the same issues. I myself am guilty of forgetting to update posts like this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts