Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an 04 impala and there is no manual with the car the keyless remote has 4 buttons there is one button that's a circle with a lightning bolt in it what is this button and what does it do? Thanks

·
Registered
848 Posts
Welcome :)

Is it a factory fob or aftermarket? Maybe an alarm? Can you post a picture?

This is the OEM key fob for your Impala

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

My fob doesn't look like that so its not factory when i press the lightning bolt park lights come on radio and i hear the fuel pump cycle so i'm thinking remote start gonna take it to the local place here in town that installs remote starts see if they can tell me more thanks

·
Banned
667 Posts
My fob doesn't look like that so its not factory when i press the lightning bolt park lights come on radio and i hear the fuel pump cycle so i'm thinking remote start gonna take it to the local place here in town that installs remote starts see if they can tell me more thanks
photo of it may be nice

FCC id too

·
I eat brains... gimme brains!
658 Posts
I just purchased an 04 impala and there is no manual with the car the keyless remote has 4 buttons there is one button that's a circle with a lightning bolt in it what is this button and what does it do? Thanks
Bring the registration (and whoever is on it) to your local dealer, they'll look your vin up an order you the proper remote, and programming it is real easy

·
Banned
667 Posts
Bring the registration (and whoever is on it) to your local dealer, they'll look your vin up an order you the proper remote, and programming it is real easy
KOBLEAR1XT is the correct one for 03,04,05 you can still confirm with dealer.

·
Registered
848 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
03blackbeauty, I hope you'll let us know if you have lingering concerns! I'm available via private message if you would like further assistance at any point.

As a side note, you can download a PDF of your owners manual, as well as keep track of service records, etc., on the helpful My Chevrolet site: https://my.chevrolet.com.

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks a lot guy's i found out the button is for a remote start but the starter relay in the remote start is gone thanks again for the info

·
Registered
154 Posts
remote

Im trying to order a new remote for my 2008 impala LTZ 5 button but they asking me for the FCC ID number on the back of the old one only problem is that its worn off. How can I get that number?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts