Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 and the only way the keyless remote will work on the car is if you are standing next to it. If you take a couple of steps away it's worthless. To open the truck while at the back of the car you have to wave it around till the trunk pops. I replaced the battery in the fob and eventually bought a new one from the dealer, but still have the same problem. Remote start is worthless if you have to stand by the car in the hot or cold to activate it!! lol! Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
I know you said you bought a new fob from your dealer, nuc_meltdown, but have you discussed your remote start frustrations with your dealer as well? Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you would ever like me to follow up with your dealer for you, etc.

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
An 07 is definitely out of warranty...

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
It's not simple or cheap but can be done at home by someone who is very mechanically inclined.

Honestly the best,easiest, and cheapest route is to get a aftermarket unit installed. One that will unlock and lock the doors and trunk and has remote start.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts