Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost a key and fob in a home break-in, and I've seen replacements for decent prices. Is there any way to delete the stolen key and fob from the car? I've tried putting the key to run and looking for the reprogramming option in options but nothing. Also tried holding down the unlock on the door, turning the key back and forth but also nothing. Any tips on these or is this something for a locksmith? Getting tired of pulling the fuses every time I park for an extended length of time.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
if you're seriously concerned about it (and you may have every right to be from the sounds of your post) i'd probably talk to the dealer and ask what a rekey service would run. they should be able to reprogram the keys to a different frequency, or maybe just the fobs/get you replacements if needed.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Owners manual has key programming instructions. You need the Dorman part#99157 programmer to program the fob(s). ~$55 on ebay. Comes with the programmer and a 5 button (remote start) fob.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Typically. On newer models. The car system only allows 2 key fobs to work the vehicle. Stoping at a dealer would definitely help this question for sure.

As for the fuse idea. You could install a toggle switch on the circuit. Would be an easier option than pulling fuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
^ Fwiw, if you program fob(s) with the Dorman programmer above, any and all fobs must be programmed at the same time. The stolen/lost fob will no longer work. May need to consult a locksmith/dealer concerning the stolen/lost key.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts