Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you retro fit one for a 5.3 SS to fit on a 3.5 LS? The airboxes seem to be in almost the same place. :dunno:

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
I would think so, people make their own all the time so logic would dictate you could modify an existing one to suit your needs..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought one and had one of my tech buddies (I work at a Chevy dealership) install it. Fit like a glove. Pics soon! :beer:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
well done sir! it's nice having friends like that!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! :yahoo:
He didn't have to do anything to it, just dropped right in.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hahaha, wow, thanks bud. :dunno:

I do see an increase, both in acceleration and in ease of acceleration. Not to mention, it sounds just mean.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hahaha, wow, thanks bud. :dunno:

I do see an increase, both in acceleration and in ease of acceleration. Not to mention, it sounds just mean.
I have a dyno at the shop I work at and alot of guys want to see how much there K and n cold air intake helps there HP, and it does make it sound way cooler, but I've never seen more than a 4 hp gain, un-noticable. Not trying to be a dick, just being honest. The filter also allows 75% more dirt in then a conventional filter. They provide more air to an engine but do not filter as well. Read the fine print.

·
Registered
90 Posts
thinking about doing the same BUT is there a filter that will prevent the dirt increase into the engine? Of course other than staying with the factory set up

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
I have a dyno at the shop I work at and alot of guys want to see how much there K and n cold air intake helps there HP, and it does make it sound way cooler, but I've never seen more than a 4 hp gain, un-noticable. Not trying to be a dick, just being honest. The filter also allows 75% more dirt in then a conventional filter. They provide more air to an engine but do not filter as well. Read the fine print.
show me this fine print you speak of. i dont have one but this is the first time I've ever heard of it allowing 75% more dirt in..

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
75% is a bit of an overstatement, but it is true they don't filter as well, its common sense really. How else would they get better air flow? Not referring to CAI's btw, but K&N filters in general.

·
Registered
913 Posts
x2 on that^^^

K&N claims 12hp for us 5.3l people and most have probably seen 6-8hp tops so the 3.5 people might see -2hp?

1 - 20 of 107 Posts